Benjamin.65

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Now these photos are the same group as above, but dressed for the after-shoot dinner (i.e. piss-up). Lots of hard-core "squire" stuff going on here. Note the clashing colour & pattern combinations that country Brits put together without the slightest sense of irony...

Love the pin through the tie on that old boy in the last shot.
A very Holland & Holland-esq style show for the after shoot drinking. They look much better here.
The clothes MUST look worn. The wear on the collar on the chap with the eye-brows in the first shot is perfect.
Patina is the key to this look.
Class is never flash in Blighty...
My dear Grandmother always used to say "Only the poor spend money".
Alice in Wonderland logic (and she was bonkers) but the key to getting this look right is to buy quality and then to treat it like dirt for a decade.
THEN you'll look the part.
Nothing new, nothing shiney (unless it shines with age).
Our own American Squire looks just fine but give him a decade wearing the same clothes & he'll look more like an English Squire.
Stilton on legs!

Benjamin.65

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Doug, Hello. hope you are well. LFC may well actually be based in CHCH.. but i do remember they made their bespoke items in Dunedin.. sadly, as i mentioned it seems they have no ceased bespoke production in favour of imported items.
To all, I hope that Doug will agree on this point. There were quite a few NZ clothing etc. companies whom always made their products in NZ and it was always a pleasure to support them.. however it seems that almost all are using imported goods nowadays.. very sad
Very said indeed....Yes. But thankfully, we have Fogeys young and old from whom we can still find the appropriate kit!

Doctor Damage

Connoisseur
Photos of a completely different shooting party; from their clothing, I'd say this lot spends more time outside than the previous. Note the spectacular original Musto jacket in the second photo, third from left.

GMC

Inactive user
the only thing that bothers me

I love all this clothing. Spent five years in London and still can't get enough of it. Only thing is the collars: Almost everyone wears a spread, or, as some of the Jermyn Street shops call it, a Prince of Wales.

The frayed collar is textbook. I knew plenty of men who kept their oldest shirts for wear in the country.

Rocker

Love these clothes. Unfortunately most (all?) American state hunting laws/regulations require a significant amount of blaze orange - and I don't think there's any way to look dignifed/elegant wearing that color.

DukeGrad

Rocker

Gentlemen, again these are great. I agree with you rocker, need some orange in there!
When I was in Europe I hunted a lot, when in England. I shot a lot of people, thinking they were birds!
No orange to stop my pulling the trigger.
Oh well, another day, another dollar!
Gentlemen, enjoy your day.
Again, love the aged looks, I have the Barbor, mine. It is about 30plus years now.

Enjoy weekend

Doctor Damage

Connoisseur
mpcsb said:
...PS Where on earth do you find such good stuff?
The photos or the clothing?

Photos: Eventually I will post a rough guide to finding cool images.

Clothing: Part of the fun of these shooting party photos is trying to identify the brands of the clothing. I have a few more photos then I will post some clothing links. Unfortunately, all the really nifty stuff is only available in the UK, or would cost an arm and a leg to get it over here. Sigh.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
When I was in Europe I hunted a lot, when in England. I shot a lot of people, thinking they were birds!
No orange to stop my pulling the trigger. Enjoy weekend
DukeGrad, with an aim like that, you might have a future in politics!

PS: Appologies to Tom B. I failed to read the entire thread, prior to posting. Sorry for the repitition!

Last edited:

Trilby

Love these clothes. Unfortunately most (all?) American state hunting laws/regulations require a significant amount of blaze orange - and I don't think there's any way to look dignifed/elegant wearing that color.
Could you elaborate on the laws requiring that you wear orange clothing? It seems very strange and completely unnecessary for things like driven shoots.

Would a pink shirt and yellow tie (like the gentleman pictured above is wearing) be bright enough to alert other people around him?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.