British country clothing (photos)...

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
tumblr_pxki98vvl61sg12dno1_640.jpg

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
The owners of those boots probably have a manservant or two about who will tug at them from one end. "I say, Barnes, give me a hand with these boots, will you, there's a good chap." Or words to that effect.

Or for those of us without a loyal and ever helpful manservant, a Boot Jack will do....makes it a whole lot easier to pull off one's boots! LOL. ;)

drpeter

Ah yes, good point! I had forgotten about boot jacks. Never had one, since I do not have boots -- at least nothing taller than ankle boots which are easy enough to remove on one's own.

vonSuess

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
The owners of those boots probably have a manservant or two about who will tug at them from one end. "I say, Barnes, give me a hand with these boots, will you, there's a good chap." Or words to that effect.
There are few things more worth the money than a personal assistant for these sorts of things. It doesn't really cost that much, especially if he can live on the property...

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
In £10,000 bespoke Riding Boots one must be careful.

LOL. Your post reminds me of my similar reaction, wearing a pair of $5200 Alligator western boots. I couldn't bring myself to wear them out if there was any chance of rain in the forecast. Now how much sense does that make....alligator boots that couldn't get wet. Please note that the Paul Bond Boot manufacturer never told me they couldn't get wet, but rather that was just my very own version of applied nutty logic. I eventually ended up selling those boots for $400. I guess I'm just not cut out for $boots in that price range. :crazy:;)

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.