British country clothing (photos)...

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
tumblr_dc62063cfb3e4b3ef6b1245ef2faabd3_07439cf6_640.jpg

tumblr_19fbaf800a7402f4f6d500c9642d04c4_94b59153_640.jpg

drpeter

Very interesting. The gentleman appears to be wearing a kilt under the Burberry coat. If so, this is the first time I have seen a kilt and raincoat combined in an image. One usually sees pictures of men wearing kilts in all their splendour, without anything else on top of them. Likewise with the hat, a fedora as opposed to a Highland cap, unusual in a kilt-wearer.

GRH

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Very interesting. The gentleman appears to be wearing a kilt under the Burberry coat. If so, this is the first time I have seen a kilt and raincoat combined in an image. One usually sees pictures of men wearing kilts in all their splendour, without anything else on top of them. Likewise with the hat, a fedora as opposed to a Highland cap, unusual in a kilt-wearer.
Plus fours.

drpeter

Plus fours.
You know, I wondered about that but decided that, as far as I could make out, there was no slight break in the middle which would signify the trouser legs, as opposed to a continuous line which would indicate a kilt. But I agree it's likely plus fours, maybe my eyes are not too good!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.