Brooks Brothers at Marshalls

fred johnson

If anyone is wandering around you local Marshalls you might want to check out the shirt and tie sections: I spotted several Brooks Brothers OCBD shirts at two different stores.
these were the original polo collar, must iron shirts. Only sizes I saw at both stores were 14-1/2 - 33 and 17 - 35, new in wrappers for $39.00. I saw blue, pink, yellow and ecru as well as some rather garish BB striped ties. Hey, you never know..

CMDC

Honors Member
I saw one too the other day--was pink but 18/36. They usually have a handful of "irregular" ties also.

dkoernert

The best we get around here are solid black "irregular" ties. I'd load up if the Marshalls here started carrying must-iron OCBDs in my size.

Hyacinth

Weird!

Please understand - I know nothing about retail, but (a) doesn't it cheapen the brand a bit, and (b) why wouldn't they move those items to the outlet?

CMDC

Honors Member
The one I saw had the older label--small rectangular, BB in cursive script. Probably had been floating around homeless in a retail parallel universe for years.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
Weird!

Please understand - I know nothing about retail, but (a) doesn't it cheapen the brand a bit, and (b) why wouldn't they move those items to the outlet?

Probably no more that having them show up on ebay as 'gentleman's previously owned clothing'. Our very own Sales Forum is a veritable gold mine, AFAIC.

Spin Evans

I discovered two here at the Marshall's in Orlando. These still used the numbered arm system (eg, 15 x 4 as opposed to 15 x 34) and had no listed fits. I also bought a B&W herringbone sport coat from RL Rugby from there as well, though it's wasted in the Florida sun. A good many pairs of Bill's Khakis as well.

Needless to say, my hometown Marshall's didn't have nearly the same selection.

DownSouth

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I discovered two here at the Marshall's in Orlando. These still used the numbered arm system (eg, 15 x 4 as opposed to 15 x 34) and had no listed fits. I also bought a B&W herringbone sport coat from RL Rugby from there as well, though it's wasted in the Florida sun. A good many pairs of Bill's Khakis as well.

Needless to say, my hometown Marshall's didn't have nearly the same selection.

Curious, how much $ were the BIll's??

Dmontez

Elite Member
Weird!

I have a theory about this and I am probably wrong. It was announced a while back that my town is getting a 346 store. Right around that time at my local Marshall's I started seeing a ton of brooks ties popping up almost all irregulars with a couple of non 346 ties bunched in there. I honestly have not been back in a while but my theory is that they are trying to introduce the brand to the community before the store gets here then by the time the store has opened the people who have purchased brooks stuff and liked it know where they can get more.

workforclothes

Starting Member
The BB Shirts at Marshalls are old stock that were consolidated from retail stores and the BB distribution center. The Shirts were sold wholesale to Marshalls mid-2013, when BB switched all of their Shirts to "color coded fit labels" (i.e. Blue lettering for "Slim Fit", Red lettering for "Traditional Fit", etc.)

marinephil

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I was at a Marshall's tonight and was astonished at the amount of legit Brooks stock they had. Black Fleece sweaters, shirts, 1818 "made in usa" sport coats, and even several tuxedo jackets (pretty sure they were the ones that are currently $900 on the brooks site, but these were $199).

A friend of mine works at the nearest Brooks outlet store, and I stop in from time to time to see him. They rarely have stuff like I saw at this Marshall's today, and the usual retail stock that makes its way to the outlet is usually just chinos, some sport shirts, etc.

FLMike

Connoisseur
I stopped in my local Marshalls last week, and they had several pairs of Brooks Brothers shoes, all for $129. There were some brush off penny loafers, a bunch of nubuck bucks in different colors (grey, white, tan), a couple of Peal & Co loafers, and a pair of Rancourt ankle mocs.

CMDC

Honors Member
Which Marshall's? I'm close by so I'd love to pop in.

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I was at a Marshall's tonight and was astonished at the amount of legit Brooks stock they had. Black Fleece sweaters, shirts, 1818 "made in usa" sport coats, and even several tuxedo jackets (pretty sure they were the ones that are currently $900 on the brooks site, but these were $199).

A friend of mine works at the nearest Brooks outlet store, and I stop in from time to time to see him. They rarely have stuff like I saw at this Marshall's today, and the usual retail stock that makes its way to the outlet is usually just chinos, some sport shirts, etc.

dks202

Found ties only but they were all skinny ties at 3 1/4 or less. Sold for $24 and still tagged with BB tag at $118

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange