Brooks Brothers at Marshalls

dks202

I just bought some BB ties at $25 each but I am returning them, too narrow, the knot is very small. Anyone interested first? I can post photos later. One is wool, very nice but I can't wear it. Other is blue/green repp.

Pirendeus

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I just bought some BB ties at $25 each but I am returning them, too narrow, the knot is very small. Anyone interested first? I can post photos later. One is wool, very nice but I can't wear it. Other is blue/green repp.
Yes, I'm interested. What line/label are they?

Bama87

Just stopped by my local Marshalls for the first time in awhile thanks to this thread.

They had one BB tie for $24.99 compared to $40.00 (No thanks); Two sport coats, both Express; and no Bills :( A few Woolrich cotton "flannel" shirts that hurt to look at the price tag since I just paid $7.00 for one last night and lots and lots and lots of PRL as usual.

dks202

Don't go by the "compare to" price. They don't know what they are talking about. Look for the original Brooks Brothers price tag.

gamma68

Honors Member
I too saw ties tagged with an "original" price of $125, but I think some of them may be artificially inflated.

Most all of their ties are normally $79.50
With some exceptions, such as the ancient madders at $115 and GF 7-Folds at $175

Every tie I've seen at TJM or Marshall's has had the $125 price tag...except for a couple which had the "real" retail tags still attached with more accurate original prices.

The tie I bought had an original BB tag marked $126.00. It's an ancient madder, so I think I did pretty well.

Bama87

Oh no no no, it didnt matter to me what the tag says I just thought it was funny, given there has already been two different "Compared to" prices noted on their BB ties.

Also forgot to mention, they had a few Pantherella socks as well.

dks202

Yeah, but they are all small and medium, I need XL. You know what they say about men with big feet............... They make good clowns.

Clown-Shoes.jpg

Topsider

Honors Member
I walked through a T.J. Maxx today. It was absolutely horrid. I can't imagine returning .

Meh. Shopping at T.J. Maxx or Marshalls isn't really that much different (conceptually) than thrifting. 99% of what you see is going to be absolute garbage. But that's not why you're there. You're there for the 1%.

WillBarrett

Just bought half my kids Christmas toys at TJ Maxx - all great stuff that I would have bought at a local toy and hobby shop across town if I weren't pinching every last penny right now.

And a sweet pair of fair isle Cabot socks.

UnivStripe

Meh. Shopping at T.J. Maxx or Marshalls isn't really that much different (conceptually) than thrifting. 99% of what you see is going to be absolute garbage. But that's not why you're there. You're there for the 1%.

Agreed. I enjoy thrifting more than going into one of these stores.

Spin Evans

I was shocked to find a not-insignificant number of BB items at the Marshall's in Millennia today. About seven or eight different sport coats, each being made in USA and of the 1818 line (~$200). A few pairs of pants for ~$100 as well, with RLPL shirts for the same price. I also found a lovely charcoal flannel Made in Italy suit from PRL for $500. They also had some J Mclaughlin cords for ~$30. Sadly, nothing my size.

Himself

Such tales of great BB and Polo finds at TJ Maxx and Marshall's! Over the years I've never found anything of the kind at any of these stores near me. I have seen those brands, but the merch was more Gypsy Wedding than Take Ivy.

I have seen good deals on sheets and towels at Marshall's, but I could do at least as well at JC Penney on sale.

That's not to say there aren't great deals on other stuff, like housewares and toys. Or women's clothing, which I don't normally shop for.

Last edited:

orange fury

Connoisseur
Not BB, but when I bought my BB cords at Marshall's a couple weeks ago, there was randomly a ton of RLPL cashmere sweaters. Some were my size, but I couldn't bring myself to drop $200 on one right now (even if retail was $1,000...)

style417

For grins, I was just down the street so I stopped at the local Marshalls, and... nada. There was nothing remotely interesting. The only things they had that I checked out were some RL low-line sweaters and chinese-made Woolrich coats, but nothing I'd buy. Oh well.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange