Brooks Brothers Clearance Center (with pics, 56k warning)

fedacct

Starting Member
Orgetorix & Pique, I didn't read your posts since you are ignored, but the fact that you both seem to need to get the last word indicates I struck a nerve.

It's OK.....just hold out a little longer, and puberty will set in.

Last edited:

Reuben

Honors Member
No thanks! It isn't a constructive conversation. I'd rather not know. Time to move on.

"fedacct, I'm sorry if I offended you. The Trad forum here is a pretty close, genial community, and I hope you stick around, get to know us, and contribute. Experience here indicates that when folks show up and their first post is to flame a retailer, they usually aren't interested in becoming a part of this community on its own terms, and often are never heard from again. If that's not you, I apologize for making the assumption. Sometimes we get over-zealous in trying to keep this forum a conversation among e-friends rather than a Yelp-style bulletin board for people to make drive-by assaults on whoever they aren't happy with.

I was also trying to offer an alternative way of looking at the situation. Going by what Taliesin said, I may have been wrong about that too, and I'm happy to admit it.

If you do stick around, you'll see soon that bashing and defending Brooks Brothers may be the most popular intramural sport we have. Just make an effort to enroll and learn the culture before you join up on either side. ;-)

Again, if I overstepped myself, I apologize."

fedacct

Starting Member
"fedacct, I'm sorry if I offended you. The Trad forum here is a pretty close, genial community, and I hope you stick around, get to know us, and contribute. Experience here indicates that when folks show up and their first post is to flame a retailer, they usually aren't interested in becoming a part of this community on its own terms, and often are never heard from again. If that's not you, I apologize for making the assumption. Sometimes we get over-zealous in trying to keep this forum a conversation among e-friends rather than a Yelp-style bulletin board for people to make drive-by assaults on whoever they aren't happy with.

I was also trying to offer an alternative way of looking at the situation. Going by what Taliesin said, I may have been wrong about that too, and I'm happy to admit it.

If you do stick around, you'll see soon that bashing and defending Brooks Brothers may be the most popular intramural sport we have. Just make an effort to enroll and learn the culture before you join up on either side. ;-)

Again, if I overstepped myself, I apologize."

Thanks for the encouraging comments. I had left online forums and Facebook for this type of reaction previously and was beginning to wonder "Why did I come back online?"

I'm not trying to bash anything. Yes, I gathered from the responses that you are a close knit community. It certainly wasn't a personal attack on you folks. I just hate seeing someone take advantage of the situation as what I felt was my case that day in the store.

Despite what happened, I scored two pairs of shoes, one that was Peal & Co & one that was made for Allen Edmonds for $69.90 each. I also got a nice dress shirt for $24.90. The suit, which was from the Regent line, unfortunately didn't work out because it was altered.

I don't know where it came from, but offending anyone was not my initial intention.

fedacct

Starting Member
II plan to stick around, but I'm having difficultly adding an avatar. How is that done?

By the way, the info on this forum is part of the reason I stopped at this outlet.

Last edited:

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
BTW, congratulations. You made it onto my ignore list.

(Eagle2250, take heed for what? Why are you editing my post? So, he is allowed to insult me, but I'm not allowed to defend myself? Why aren't you editing his posts? His comment was condescending, unnecessary, and untactful. I didn't do anything to this guy, but yet he tries to pick a fight. Explain please....why the favoritism?)

fedacct: You really should take the time to read our forum rules for user participation. You have clearly violated two and arguably three of them. The majority of your postings to this thread have been unnecessarily insulting and less than constructive. I tried to save you from yourself, but you saw fit to restore the deleted insult to another member and compounded that error by electing to argue moderation in the public forum. That will be addressed through other channels. A nine year member of these fora made an effort to apologize to you for any unintended misunderstandings and your response is to insult that member again. That is totally unacceptable. You really must take the time to read the rules!

fedacct

Starting Member
Everyone, this is stupid and silly. Let's move on and be friends for god's sake!

If it's going to be this much trouble, I really don't want to be involved.

Last edited:

Piqué

rwaldron

Has anyone who has been there recently spotted any White Tie stuff? I've heard in the past, that this stuff tends to hand around the Clearance Center/

Steve Smith

1. The employees at the BBCC strictly enforce company policy concerning the limits on the signs in the store. Maximum of 5 suits, 10 shirts, 5 pairs of shoes per customer.
2. Customers are forbidden to buy items directly out of the boxes as they are unpacked. Customers are forbidden to forage through boxes. This has been strictly enforced for about 1 1/2 years.
3. Putting an item on the rack or the floor behind the cash register area reserves that item for that buyer. It works that way in many stores. I don't understand how this is done "covertly". It is either done or not done, and I have never heard anyone say "I'm putting this back here" as they do it. Protip: If you are in a store with limited stock, use the system in place to reserve an item which you want to buy. If you walk away from it don't whine if someone else buys it.

Last edited:

gamma68

Honors Member
Interesting that fedacct has been suspended. I've seen behavior here that was far worse--it resulted only in a "slap on the wrist."

I'm not defending fedacct's inflammatory posts. But it seems there's been some inconsistency in how offensive behavior is handled here.

Reuben

Honors Member
That's a good practice. What I'm talking about is offensive posts that only result in post removal and not complete account suspension.

He posted some really, really bad stuff and his post from an alternate account early this morning was even worse.

bigwordprof

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
The last time I was there they had lots and lots of shirts. There were some decent looking repp ties (BB #1 and #5) and not a lot else. I don't go often (maybe once every two or three months) but I haven't seen shoes there in ages. I'm sure they get snapped up quickly.

boatswaindog

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I was there two weeks ago. Very little in stock. I think it is hit or miss. They have signs up that you can't buy more than 10 shirts or six suits at a time. So there are good days and probably a lot of bad days. The ebay people obviously patrol.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.