Brooks Brothers Clearance Center (with pics, 56k warning)

boatswaindog

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Oh dear, missed a bit of the controversy. To be strictly factual, my recollections of the signs were that the limits were 'per day' not 'per customer'. I have no problem with people making a living from the store. Their prices on ebay are often good. And I do remember the kindness of a regular customer who sent me gratis a pair of white buck shoe laces when I posted that I couldn't find any. Like a lot of these places, us tourists have to be a bit lucky.

Steve Smith

Oh dear, missed a bit of the controversy. To be strictly factual, my recollections of the signs were that the limits were 'per day' not 'per customer'. I have no problem with people making a living from the store. Their prices on ebay are often good. And I do remember the kindness of a regular customer who sent me gratis a pair of white buck shoe laces when I posted that I couldn't find any. Like a lot of these places, us tourists have to be a bit lucky.

To add to boatswaindog's point I have also hooked up AAAC members with a large number of premium Golden Fleece hangers at $1 each as well as some other shoe laces and the occasional blazer button. Thus proving that "resellers" are not evil 100% of the time.

swb120

I couldn't agree more. I have bought beautiful new suits and other items from Steve and other sellers from NC who frequent the outlet. I was able to visit the outlet once, approx. 6 years ago. It was great fun to a) find the place, which is really in a one-light town in the middle of nowhere, and b) look through the great variety of wares, which seems to change on a daily basis. But that was a one-off frolic for me; I truly depend on resellers like Steve who live nearby to identify quality items and make them available to the unwashed ebay and AAAC masses. And I would never begrudge his relatively slight markup for the convenience and quality control he provides. Thank you, Steve!

Steve: Thank you. Truth is, you benefit a lot of people by making the bargains from the store available to all of us.

nadams4011

Starting Member
Am I missing something here? What I see is a guy getting cyberbullied and being punished for it. It looks like he even tried to make peace. (By the way, isn't cyberbullying illegal?)

The only thing I see he did wrong was he should have ignored the inflammatory remarks, but the perpetrators probably made the comments so he would get upset and respond.

There's clearly a mob mentality on this thread. I'm surprised everyone is so focused on what this guy did and not on the other people. Seems like a very sophomoric reaction over something that really doesn't matter.

He posted some really, really bad stuff and his post from an alternate account early this morning was even worse.

AshScache

I'm timing my run down to hilton head on 9/12 to coincide with the stores Saturday hours....anyone been there recently?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

linedrive

Starting Member
I was there a few weeks back. Didn't buy anything. I tend to look for suits and they were somewhat limited. I usually find something, but the prices have steadily increased over the years. Still a great buy, but back in the day you could buy "disposable" ties. Get something on it, just toss it in the trash. :)

As far as shoes, I think someone had mentioned it, most of them seem to go to (when they are an Allen Edmonds shoe) back to A.E. to their outlet stores. In fact, I'm wearing a pair of A.E (for Brooks) sheldons today.

AshScache

Oh my god. Just left. Maxed out with 10 made in the USA OCBDs, including 2 jpress flap pocket models. Several staple ties as well. Pics to follow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.