Woofa

That is sad. Southwick made some nice, quality stuff. Their tweed was particularly nice. I guess it was just a question of time.

suitman19

I can't find an article that confirms this - would you be kind enough to post a link?

All I see is that they are making medical supplies at the moment.

DCR

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
There is a theory proposed by someone on ivy-style.com discussing the announced closure of the Garland factory that this may be a negotiating tactic to achieve concessions from the union. The closure date is the end of July so there is time.

Ole Hickory

Steve Smith

FWIW, the Brooks Brothers employees that I know in eastern North Carolina love Claudio Del Vecchio. They see him as the savior of the company. 19 years is a pretty good run.

And I would like to point out that although Brooks Brothers has announced their intent to close these factories that does not mean that they will close . Selling them is also an option. Don't be surprised if someone buys them from BB and they remain in operation in a sleeker and more efficient form.

Last edited:

Adventure Wolf

Brooks Brothers is holding 600 million in debt. Sadly it looks like they will be closing all three United States manufacturing plants, and have hired financial advisors to see it through a sale.

This is a sad state of affairs.

delicious_scent

FWIW, the Brooks Brothers employees that I know in eastern North Carolina love Claudio Del Vecchio. They see him as the savior of the company. 19 years is a pretty good run.

And I would like to point out that although Brooks Brothers has announced their intent to close these factories that does not mean that they will close . Selling them is also an option. Don't be surprised if someone buys them from BB and they remain in operation in a sleeker and more efficient form.
I'm more skeptical. Excuse to union bust is how I see it.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange