Brooks Brothers OCBD Overpriced

HOOT

I do not see yellow, ecru or pink in the new OCBD, maybe I am missing something. I am talking about the traditional fit, regular finish [not non-iron] OCBD.

They don't sell enough traditional fits to warrant carrying all the colour options, but they are available in the other three fits.

Steve Smith

This is what Ratio Clothing offers. They produce an OCBD in the same NC factory as BB for $98 -- and they are semi-MTM to boot!

MI USA RTW but not mass-produced ...J Press...: $100-$140, varies greatly but BB does not belong in this category.

Great post, but I would like to make a couple of minor points. You mention 'same factory' for Brooks Brothers and Ratio. True, but it is a Brooks Brothers plant which produces shirts under contract for Ratio.

Several years ago, Brooks Brothers was producing shirts in their Garland factory for J Press. I don't know if BB is manufacturing for them now, but I guess that someone is, simply because I don't think J Press sells enough shirts to justify owning manufacturing capacity.

Either way, J Press shirts are mass produced, just like BB shirts. They just have a less common label.

The Swamp Fox

Starting Member
On a somewhat unrelated tangent, does anyone know if BB plans to update their $140 OCBD for 2018 (the company's 200th year in existence). Any inside track information/insight would be helpful.

Specifically, I care about: return of the chest pocket (at least make it an option), and return of the earlier oxford cloth used on the lined OCBDs.

The chest pocket is included with their "sport shirt" version - aside from being sized S/M/L, there is little difference compared to the "dress shirt" version in terms of construction. Patterns/colors is a different story.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.