Brooks Brothers Sack Blazer and other good things

Tom Buchanan

Maybe it is old news, but I had not seen mention of Brooks Brothers 3/2 sack blazer now being offered. For those who have been following this board for a while and remember various Members writing entreaties to Brooks to bring back the standards, this is a very welcome sign.

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCa...olor=NAVY&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

No darts, 3/2, Loro Piana wool. $598 for a Made in the USA blazer, seems about right (after getting a member discount, of course :)) Too bad the model looks to be wearing a size too small and is otherwise dressed rather un-trad.

The madras sack looks pretty good also.

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCa...ction_Id=678&Parent_id=217&Product_Id=1661471

Dr. D

Active Member with Corp. Privileges

TDI GUY

Please do provide some info on the Cambridge fit. I seem to recall that it's basically the Milano cut (their slimmest) but in a 3/2 configuration. If that's the case, it could really go either way........

That is nice. They've also introduced this new Cambridge fit, which I'm hoping (will find out later today) is basically a 60's style slimmer sack. Too bad this blazer isn't also made in the USA, but is strangely the same price https://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCa...id=1031&Product_Id=1641833&default_color=Navy

leisureclass

Interesting, they seem to have determined that those desiring slimmer fits could care less about provenance.

Also, who are they kidding with the facial expressions of those guys trying to sell camel hair jackets? Gonna go out on a limb here and say that's definitely going to effect sales.

roman totale XVII

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
You're lucky to have been able to take a close up view. I just hit my local BB this lunchtime and they didn't have anything at all in the Cambridge fit and the sales associate was nonplussed when I enquired...

FLMike

Connoisseur
Maybe it is old news, but I had not seen mention of Brooks Brothers 3/2 sack blazer now being offered. For those who have been following this board for a while and remember various Members writing entreaties to Brooks to bring back the standards, this is a very welcome sign.

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCa...olor=NAVY&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

No darts, 3/2, Loro Piana wool. $598 for a Made in the USA blazer, seems about right (after getting a member discount, of course :)) Too bad the model looks to be wearing a size too small and is otherwise dressed rather un-trad.

This is a terrific blazer. I was lucky enough to buy it from an AAAC member on the Thrift Exchange, in my size, 1818 Madison fit, patch/flap pockets, Made in USA, for $45 shipped. Like new. One of my best finds ever on this forum (thanks CMDC!).

Last edited:

FLMike

Connoisseur
Please do provide some info on the Cambridge fit. I seem to recall that it's basically the Milano cut (their slimmest) but in a 3/2 configuration. If that's the case, it could really go either way........

A:
The Cambridge is a trimmed down version of our original Sack jacket. It is based on our slimmest Milano fit, but undarted and always 3 button tip-over with a hook center vent. The Cambridge is slimmer in the midsection than the original Sack.

Fitzgerald is a little more forgiving than the Cambridge fit, but is darted. It is always 2 button, center vent.

Himself

This is a terrific blazer. I was lucky enough to buy it from an AAAC member on the Thrift Exchange, in my size, 1818 Madison fit, patch/flap pockets, Made in USA, for $45 shipped. Like new. One of my best finds ever on this forum (thanks CMDC!).

If someone has one in a 40R, let me know! I need to replace a vintage one that finally gave up the ghost.

I've tried 3 times in the last 2 years to try one on at the local BB, but they've never had one in stock in my size. So they try to push me into something else, which rubs me the wrong way.

Anyway it looks great but not 600 bucks worth of great.

Jovan

Honors Member
Some of the BB replies to questions on the sack blazer are incomplete, unhelpful, or just plain wrong. It seems the fellow customers are more reliable! For instance, they say it has hook vent and it clearly doesn't.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.