Brooks had no OCBD in white today at store

RichDarling

Starting Member
I was surprised that there were no Oxford cloth button downs at Brooks Brothers. They tried to talk me into a couple of flimsier fabrics. Crazy.

Vecchio Vespa

(aka TKI67)
I was surprised that there were no Oxford cloth button downs at Brooks Brothers. They tried to talk me into a couple of flimsier fabrics. Crazy.
As I reported in another thread it took me from mid-May until July to get a white OCBD. I gave up on Gitman and went with Mercer and like it fine. The fabric is a good weight.

Last edited:

Steve Smith

Their Garland, NC factory closed down more than a year ago and they have been burning through inventory with constant sales. It's surprising that they have run out of some sizes?

RichDarling

Starting Member
TAL is headquartered in Hong Kong. Makes different quality, dependent on customer. Supplies J Crew, J C Penny, Banana Republic. They actually bought a minor share on Brooks Brothers several years ago, and several of their manufacturing management team worked at the Garland factory for a year, or so.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange