statboy

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Hi guys,

I'm going to be in LA and San Diego for about a week and was wondering if any of you know if any of the BB stores in SoCal sell the classic OCBD must-iron (made in USA) off the rack. The Phoenix store where I live does not. I've bought 2 online in the past and of course, love them.

Many Thanks.
-Chris

Trip English

Honors Member
I can't speak to specific locations out there, but I have found that almost every store here in Southern Connecticut carries them in the traditional fit, but keeps them with suiting & blazers and not out in the shirt walls. Could be unique to this area. But not even 346 stocks very many of them so don't get your hopes up.

JakeLA

Your best bet is to call, of course, but my recent experience with both of the Los Angeles stores is that neither of them carry any must-iron OCBDs.

Tonyp

Inactive user
They do not carry the Must iron OCBD in the store. However, once in awhile they do bring them in when they are trying to get rid of inventory. I saw them at the end of August. But only the regular fit, not the slim cut. Call Rodney and tell him Tony P. Referred you. The # is 310.274.4003 for the Beverly Hills Store. They may have some in the stock room.

statboy

Thanks so much for the feedback guys. And extra thanks Tonyp for the reference. I will do some phone work, but may have to stick with buying them online.

dwebber18

I can't speak to specific locations out there, but I have found that almost every store here in Southern Connecticut carries them in the traditional fit, but keeps them with suiting & blazers and not out in the shirt walls. Could be unique to this area. But not even 346 stocks very many of them so don't get your hopes up.
My one local store carries the blue university stripe, white, blue, and pink made in the USA, must Iron Trad fit back with the suits on their own rack away from the rest of the shirts.

Charles Saturn

Funny, here its white and blue traditional fit only. The thing is, don't know why they bother, the sales people actively steer people away from them towards the non iron. The shirts on the shelves could easily be several years old.

Last edited:

Uncle Bill

Up here in Toronto, BB stocks white, solid blue, pink and the blue university stripe must iron OCBDs in traditional fit only. No other colours.

statboy

Interesting about hiding them back with the suits, I'll have to check. Although I know here in Phoenix they don't carry them, the salesman (of >20 yrs experience at BB) I asked acted as if it was one of the more silly questions he's ever heard. And the Phoenix store recently moved to a new location with 2 stories and is supposed to be some level of a flagship store now...

Tonyp

Inactive user
They do have them from time to time when they are trying to get rid of stock. I have seen all the solid colors and the university stripes in the Reg. Fit. and they were on Sale at the time. To me they looked old. They weren't folded very well as if they had been around a long time.

dwebber18

Some did look old at my store as well, there were a few different labels as well. I saw blue, red, and the older script logo. Granted I have long arms so I just had them order me a new one while they were on sale a few weeks back. I too noticed they tried to steer me towards the non-irons, the salesman was like thats a must iron shirt, and you sure thats what you want? I said yes and mentioned it was made in the US and its what I wanted, and he said ok and ordered it. I doubt they have the profit margin on the Supima Made in the USA shirts they have on the Malaysian made non-irons.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.