drpeter

At the top of this webpage there is a picture of Bruce Boyer wearing a lovely set of clothes.

https://lehighvalleystyle.com/style/fashion/g-bruce-boyer/

I am curious about the grey flannels he is wearing -- they appear to me to be almost a light blue. I am wondering if this is just a trick of the light or the photo, making classic mid-grey flannels look more like blue. It is a beautiful pair of trousers, and I wish I knew the brand or source. It is quite possible they are bespoke. Any thoughts, anyone?

drpeter

And that's rather a pity because if you could get cloth in that color, I'd spring for a pair. I'm meeting with Hemrajani this month. I'll ask.
Thanks heaps, Oldsarge! I would appreciate Hemrajani's opinion. In general, blue flannel does not seem to be as commonly worn as the grey kind.

Andy

Site Creator/ Administrator
Staff member
Bruce always looks perfectly dressed! He's attended some of the historic AskAndy New York City Events!

Andy

Site Creator/ Administrator
Staff member
Just ask G. Bruce Boyer about the color and he confirmed:

"The trousers are the standard Fox Brothers flannel, the bluish tint is merely a trick of the light."

drpeter

Just ask G. Bruce Boyer about the color and he confirmed:

"The trousers are the standard Fox Brothers flannel, the bluish tint is merely a trick of the light."
Dear Andy, Thanks very much indeed for asking Bruce Boyer about those flannels. I am honoured that you took the trouble and he responded. Will you be so kind as to convey my thanks (I am Dr Peter Sudevan). I am a great admirer of his writing, own every one of his books, and recommend them to all my friends. I'd love to send him a note of thanks myself, but his email address is probably restricted.

That said, I agree with OldSarge. There's got to be a flannel that is Air Force blue or Cadet Blue, or some such colour. Bruce's grey flannels look splendid in that picture, don't you think?

dorji

drpeter

^This. Happens quite a bit when people post pictures.

That being said, if you want a pair of blue-grey flannels look to Oconnell's

https://www.oconnellsclothing.com/O-Connell-s-plain-front-Lambswool-Flannel-Trousers-Stone-Blue.html

https://www.oconnellsclothing.com/O...Lambswool-Flannel-Trousers-Charcoal-Blue.html
Yes, thank you, dorji -- I did find O'Connell's Stone Blue Flannels. They look lovely, but the price is fairly high, so I am wondering if they will include it in their annual sale. I'm not sure when that sale is, but I seem to recollect there is one in the spring or summer. I do have at least a couple of Bluish Grey flannels from other brands (a Burberry's, for instance) that are very close to the Charcoal Blue offered by O'Connell's.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant

DaveTrader

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Although his may be gray, I just picked up a pair of Brioni flannels in blue. Mine are a bit darker than what appears to be in the picture.

Charles Dana

Honors Member
Yes, thank you, dorji -- I did find O'Connell's Stone Blue Flannels. They look lovely, but the price is fairly high, so I am wondering if they will include it in their annual sale. I'm not sure when that sale is, but I seem to recollect there is one in the spring or summer.
The O’Connell’s trouser sale has just begun. 15% off selected items, including the stone blue flannels: $250.00, down from $295.00.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals