Cathy86

Starting Member
Hi all,
I found this forum researching for Burberry authentication marks and found it to be very helpful. Hope you can help me with my case, too.
I bought a used Burberry coat from a woman claiming it to be authentic, she had no receipt though. On the first sight all looked good but now I have doubts. What do you guys think? I feel like a high quality piece like a Burberry trench should be made out of more firm material, too. This one is very light and especially the inside of the arms is lined with cheap polyester. The pockets are lined with pure cotton and are not nicely finished off, there are some cut offs you can see clearly.
I appreciate your help so much as I am not sure if I should report her. See pics attached. Thanks!!

Attachments

triklops55

Modern Burberry stuff can be made of cheap materials, but the craftmanship should still be of high quality. My vote is that no, this piece is not authentic.

Woofa

Burberry is faked quite a bit and some fakes are quite good. If you are looking to flip there is a fake or real thread in classic menswear on tof. Check there as some of those guys resell and can be experts. If your not reselling then this looks real enough. Good luck.

triklops55

thanks - what makes you think that?
The sloppy stitching and the raw cut edges on the fabric. Burberry would never do that. No brand that bills itsself as a "luxury" brand would do that.
The only way that would be legit is if it has been extensively altered by an amateur tailor.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.