Camiseria Burgos - Madrid

zzdocxx

Honors Member
Camiseria Burgos - Madrid

I have made a few posts recently about my trip Europe and the UK. I wanted to do a separate post for the shop of renowned shirtmakers Camiseria Burgos in Madrid.

I wanted to visit them, as I have been interested in a Teba jacket for a few years now. As shirtmaker to King Felipe, Burgos enjoys a good reputation and the cost of their Teba jackets are half of what one would find in Barcelona from the company where the jacket originated, Bel y Cia.

I had quite a walk from where the airport dropped me off to my hotel. I was about halfway there when I spotted a tailoring establishment just off the Calle de Alcala. I was so surprised to realize that I had stumbled upon Burgos, that I went right in with my suitcase, backpack, and all.

My Spanish is passable and I understood from Alejandro that there was nothing in my size, and that it would take a few weeks to get one in the store if ordered. I then inquired as to whether I could get one made to my measure and shipped to me. He asked if I could come back the next morning when the manager would be in.

So back I went next day, and had a discussion with Carmen, a lovely young woman who speaks perfect English. There would be a $50 charge for made-to-measure which was a bargain in my mind. She said they could ship it to me in the US. She also mentioned that they periodically visit New York and London to offer their services if that would help.

As they are best known for their shirts, Carmen suggested that it might be convenient for me to order some while I was there. I was watching my budget however, and felt I should take a pass. Their shirts (MTM or bespoke?) start at ~150Euros. The VAT tax would be deducted so there would probably be an adjustment of 12% or so. The other 8% of the 20% tax goes to the company that deals with the paperwork.

I got measured up for the jacket by Alejandro and we tallied up the bill. The total came to ~$435 which included shipping and the MTM charge.

About the Teba jackets -- they are a typically unlined jacket with lapel but no notch in the collar and square quarters. Originally made for King Alfonso XIII in the early 1920's, it was designed as a jacket for shooting/hunting and as such, was green. I picked the original green color for mine.

Got the jacket last week and finally threw it on just before running out the door to work a few days ago. It fit so well it actually brought a big smile to my face ! Great job on the measurements and execution ! I don't have pics of myself yet but will post some from the shop.
:icon_cheers:
BTW what I like about the jacket is that is somewhat casual and where I live casual is the norm for everyday wear. This looks way better than the norm though in my opinion, something between casual and dressy.

Mine looks just like this one. Note the button cuffs and that the jacket is designed to be shorter than a suit or sport coat. Of course though, they can be made to the customer's specification. I had forgotten about the cuffs when I first threw it on, and they felt weird to me at first until I remembered.

attachment.php

Also in tan, navy, and multi-color for our friend Reuben who favors that.

attachment.php

IMG_20150525_161152.jpg

IMG_20150525_161144.jpg

Last edited:

zzdocxx

Honors Member
Loved Madrid, by the way. I stayed down near the Puerta del Sol. There were so many pedestrians, locals and tourists alike. Plazas large, small, and tiny at the end of each street and lane.

Another post script: After finding the fit so good with the jacket, I regretted not ordering shirts. But you know how it is.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.