shoefan

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
This is my understanding/impression, based on my travel to Rome, where I purchased a pair at Campanile, plus subsequent attention to their shoes.

I believe Campanile is a Roman retailer of shoes which has been regarded as the high-end Roman RTW vendor, although probably in reality the 'high end' to the masses. It is certainly not truly at the pinnacle of Roman shoemakers, as there are bespoke firms such as Gatto and, perhaps, Lattanzi (which may have a shop there).

I assume Campanile contracts with various Italian manufacturers to make their shoes, as opposed to actually owning a shoe manufacturing facility. Their shoes are fairly typically Italian, made in a Blake or Blake/Rapid manner, rather than in the Goodyear welted construction.

I was there during their winter sale (January), and when the dollar was much stronger (say 1 Euro = $0.83 [!]), but their prices were much lower than what one thinks of when considering the high-end British (E Green & C&J Handgrade) or French makers (JM Weston). I think my shoes were around $140 on sale, down from perhaps $225. Nice looking shoes, worth the money, but not of the quality of a Green or Weston (at least the pair I bought).

rider

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Actaully, Campanile is a manufacturer...not sure of the best market for their own label, but they do alot of private label work - Canali shoes are made here, among others.

www.rm1891.com

DressPRMex

I own 8 pairs of RTW Campanile shoes, including two pairs of rubber soled sneakers.

In terms of style, they are great. Very classic, very Italian. My favorite brown oxfords are Campaniles.

As for quality, I'd venture to say that they are so-so. Actually, the leather tends to "dry up" more than the one used by other brands, so it needs a lot of conditioner, often.

I personally got very good deals on my Campaniles because I bought them at their boutique in Mexico City, right before it closed down (nobody knows the brand down here). Also, since I have so many shoes, high rotation keeps them in good shape for many years, even if they are not the very best.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.