DocD

I don't own any products from either one of these companies, but have received catalogs. On the surface, their sales model appears similar with a similar look with similar offerings. I've read excellent reviews regarding customer service of both companies, but it seems that CT is preferred over PF.

I would appreciate opinions regarding these companies individually and/or comparing the two.

Thanks

ASK ANDY UPDATE:
In addition to all the helpful information below, be sure to check out our comprehensive guide on T.M.Lewin!

Last edited by a moderator:

orange fury

Connoisseur
I have had a couple shirts and ties from both companies, and I prefer CT-it just seems better constructed and a better fit (for me). Between Charles Tyrwhitt and TM Lewin though, it's a toss up for me.

Watchman

Advanced Member
CT vs PF would totally be based on what you are comparing. My synopsis:

CT-Shirts, Suits and some of their neckties. Their Shoes are English made. (Some)

PF-Trousers (the Italian made), cufflinks, and their 7fold ties. Shoes are Italian made.

If you are a dandy, then PF is going to have a bit more appeal. If you are more classic and conservative, then CT.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

ScarletDrew

I own a few shirts from each. I find both companies produce shirts which are a cut or two above your average department store dress shirt, and both are well worth buying. Of course, given the sales each company runs so often, you'd be wise to avoid ever paying full price. If what you want is not on sale at first, your patience will be rewarded soon enough. By looking at the catalogs you'll probably notice CT strives for a more traditional Anglo image, whereas PF may come off as more contemporary.

That being said, I prefer CT to PF. Before I continue, keep in mind that prior to becoming familiar with these brands, I bought most of my shirts through LL Bean, LE, Huntington (RIP), and a couple of designer outlets. Therefore, CT and PF were generally a step up for me. I am sure other members can provide you with perspectives quite different from my own.

While I like my PF shirts, they lack the little touches that make CT shirts special, especially in terms of the drape and side-stitching. I'd encourage you to buy both and compare them. While (like many) you might prefer one to the other, you will not regret owning both if you buy them at a discount. While there are plenty of higher-end options, both companies provide a great value in men's shirts that few can match. Believe me, once you own shirts from either company, you will find them in heavy rotation in your wardrobe.

Good luck, and I hope you have found my insights helpful.

niv

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
On my screen many of the links don't work (including PF) for all of the pages of selected merchants.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.