blue suede shoes

https://freebeacon.com/radio-silence/

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/31/inside-china-nuclear-submarines-capable-of-widespr/

I just want to know what everyone thinks of the above articles. Quite scary to me, but anyone who keeps up with the news knows that the Chinese have been plotting such attacks for many years now. The FreeBeacon article does mention another sensitive issue, that is the Jimmy Kimmel show where the child being interviewed suggested we kill all of the Chinese. The network should have never allowed that statement on the air, and they should have been forewarned by the Defense Department to not allow statements that would offend other countries, just like they pleaded with that preacher a couple of years ago not to burn the Koran so as not to inflame muslims.

Shaver

Suspended
  • Is devising a military nuclear combat strategy the same as a 'plot'? I would be more surprised if China had not considered such an eventuality.

I could perhaps understand the kerfuffle if the U.S did not possess over 70 nuclear submarines.........

Joseph Peter

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Jimmy Kimmel, a comedian, needs to clear his comments with some government official and, meanwhile, Iran has another death to America parade. What? Kimmel doesnt answer to the Chinese. The goof in Fla doesnt answer to Muslims. Iran death paraders dont answer to the US. Puh-leeze.

CuffDaddy

Connoisseur
To my fellow Americans, how outraged would you be if you learned that our DoD had absolutely no contingency plans for a war with China, should one erupt? Would you really want our nation to be so thoroughly unprepared? I imagine Chinese citizens feel the same way.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
^^Indeed.
Does it really matter whether the nuclear warheads are delivered via sea launched ballistic missile, land based ICBMs, gravity bombs or short/mid range attack missiles launched from manned aircraft? China's nuclear strike capability has been a reality for years. Only the weapon delivery methodology has advanced! We continue to hold a slight edge with the technology, but it is slipping away. :(

MikeDT

Does not bother me that much. In addition the US, UK and Russia all probably have enough nukes on submarines to blow the whole world up several times over. Plus all the ICMBs as well, all pointed at each other. Something we've always lived with and don't usually give it much though . PRC has nukes pointed at the USA, USA has nukes pointed at the PRC. Isn't it what they call "Nuclear deterrent"? As long as World War III doesn't actually break out, we should be OK. Anyway the USA is China Inc.'s favourite trading partner, can't see them wanting to blow-up their best customer somehow.:cool2: ...where would you get all your iPhones and iPads made?

Last edited:

Jae iLL

In this world of ever increasing trade relations, full scale war becomes less and less likely, although I do feel uncomfortable about Chinese attempts to conduct 'warfare' in cyberspace. When I was living in Korea last year my bank was attacked by North Korean hackers, most likely trained by the Chinese. Those kinds of attacks can really wreak havoc. If we look at the issues the PRC has with Japan, and the fact that the PRC allowed her citizens to release just enough anger before reaching the point where it would hinder their trade relations, we see that they are pragmatic enough not to do anything that hurts the bottom line. North Korea on the other hand, whoever is calling the shots in that country (perhaps Kim Jong Un, perhaps a regent) does not appear to know what they are doing. That country makes me nervous.

Joseph Peter

Well now, as of this evening (11/26/13), CNN reports that the China has deployed its sole aircraft carrier in the Asian sea. There's been a sub headline news recently about disputes b/n Japan and China contesting who owns what in the seas in that part of the global neighborhood. Nothing in the news suggests anything is imminent; however, that area might worth keeping an eye on rather than breathlessly worrying about who's burning a given flag or who's prattling on about sensitivities relating to various holy books.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
^^I wonder if China's present ire is driven by their consternation over the US flying (unarmed) B-52's through China's claimed ADIS. Ya just have to love those venerable BUFF's...60 years old and still attending to the strategic interests of the US! :thumbs-up:

Jae iLL

The administration's handling of the ADIZ situation has been horrible. First, Mr. Biden demands they withdraw their ADIZ, then he says it's okay... This administration has really left much to be desired for in terms of foreign policy.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange