paul winston

Advertiser
[AAAC] The Official Chipp Neckwear Thread. Discussing all things related to the brand, including product announcements. Members may use this thread to ask questions directly to staff.

----- Brand Information -----
Chipp Neckwear is well known for the Italian Grenadine silk neckties, however, they also carry an assortment of other men's accessories including:
  • Other Silk Neckties (English Foulard, Scottish Cashmere, Wool Challis, Silk Shantung, Silk Matka, Silk Knit, Ancient, Madder, Novelty, Dog Breed)
  • Bow Ties
  • Suspenders
  • Watches
  • Cosmetic Bags
About Chipp Neckwear's Italian Grenadine Neckties

A staple of the Connery Bond wardrobe, the silk grenadine is the one tie every man should own. Chipp grenadines have no season and are elegant with both suits and sports jackets. Our pure silk grenadine cloth is imported from Italy and made by hand in our New York City tie atelier.

paul winston

Advertiser
Paul, is there any chance we could ever see offerings of repp stripe ties from Chipp?
On our site - chippneckwer.com - you can see Shantung stripes. We make repp stripes for clubs,schools and companies. We are no longer stocking repp stripes. If you are part of group/club/school/or company that wants to have a repp stripe or motif tie made, we can make them for you at a wholesale price. Because we need to have the silk woven there are minimum orders.

paul winston

Advertiser
Being in the necktie business today is similar to being in the buggy whip business when the automobile was born. A growing number of men no longer wear neckties regularly.

The trend began well before the arrival of Covid19.

One could see signs a few years ago - restaurants that formerly required men to wear jackets and ties began welcoming patrons wearing shorts and polo shirts.

The "virus", which has many men working from home, has accelerated the "no tie mode".

I still like wearing neckties. I find they add color , can be humorous and can even send a message - see my novelty ties.

paul winston

Advertiser
The current "Virus" existence presents challenges to a large number of individuals and businesses.
We make our ties. We don't weave our silk. Our suppliers - in England and Italy - are barely operating.
We have an increased need for patience.
Paul Winston

paul winston

Advertiser
Starting tomorrow, Friday July 17 , I will be listing some discontinued items at significant discounts on the Deals and Steals Forum.
Paul Winston

paul winston

Advertiser
Chipp Neckwear's first "Deals and Steals" offer has been posted - Two pair of $45.50 suspenders listed at $20 per pair + shipping. ( One or both can be purchased.)
Go to the "Deals, Steals, Sales forum to see the details.
Paul Winston

paul winston

Advertiser
I have received inquiries about making suspenders from our tie patterns.

The answer is it can be done; but there is a catch.

We do not "stock" suspenders. When we receive an order we make them. The suspenders offered on our site are made using "ribbon". The woven ribbon is reasonably priced, and there is no waste when we cut a pair of suspenders.

If we were to cut a pair of suspenders from one of our Ancient Madder patterns, we would create waste. The balance of the yard of silk would sit waiting for another request for suspenders from the same pattern. Therefore the cost of the entire yard would need to be figured as part of the cost of the pair being made.

There would also be an increased labor cost. The Madder silk would need to be made into a tube and a liner would be required. The retail price would be 3 or 4 times the price of our ribbon suspenders.

If there was an order for 12 pair - a wedding, a club, etc. it would work because the cost of the cloth used would be divided by 12.

Last edited by a moderator:

paul winston

Advertiser
In these challenging times, I have just received a communication from Italy informing me of a Grenadine Silk price increase. That will mean an increase in the price of our Grenadine ties.
I am giving all the Ask Andy folks an advance notice.
Paul Winston

G

Guest-446869

My job occasionally requires me to make Court appearances, perhaps 5-8 times per year. I never fail to wear my "BS" tie for such occasions.

I am desperate to find one of the Scales of Injustice Ties for these occasions. Nothing captures the element of any appearance before robed gods amongst us than the "BS" tie except perhaps the elusive Scales of Injustice offering.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy

Site Creator/ Administrator
Staff member
Guest-446869:

Have you read "What To Wear In Court" linked from the Home Page?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals