Choosing money clip.

Omega

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I use normal office paper clip to carry money. It is very convenient, but slightly affects my style :) . Therefore, I want to get a proper money clip.
In general, I like things which are of a high quality, comfortable, reliable, beautiful, simple and easy to look after. Clips with flip-up (also called hinged) mechanism I find particularly interesting. Colour of the money clip should be preferably silver and made of difficult to scratch material. I looked through money clips and found M-Clip, MoneyClamp, Slim Clip, Dalvey (though not flip up) and Tiffany quite beautiful items, but do not know which one to choose.
Also, I am not sure whether I should choose sterling silver, stainless steel or titanium money clip – silver, I suspect, will get scratch easily, stainless steel cover will wear out with time and I know little about titanium – does it look good?
Another point - I want something to put on chain that I could not lose it (if I did not use wallets on chain, I would have lost many of them).
Most of items I mentioned would probably look very bad on a chain, therefore I am thinking I perhaps should have two money clips, one cheaper version for everyday use on a chain where functionality is the priority, and another more beautiful clip for special occasions.
Any advice on this? Thank you.

Omega

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Thanks for suggestion. I read them plus a few other sites and narrowed my choice to Money Clamp or M-Clip. Money Clamp looks real business, but M-Clip is more stylish. https://www.moneyclamp.com/ . I like painted M-Clips, but not sure about longevity of the paint. If someone is using M-Clip, from your experience does it get scratched easily during normal use? Or is it better to go for stainless models? Thanks.

Nerev

Tiffany's if you want a money clip; expensive but it holds up well and looked great after months of use. I've given mine away since I no longer use it, and I've moved on to a slim card wallet with matching key wallet in a british tan from BB. I just don't use cash anymore since credit cards are pretty fantastic :icon_smile_wink:

Mr. Mac

I use normal office paper clip to carry money. It is very convenient, but slightly affects my style :) . Therefore, I want to get a proper money clip.
In general, I like things which are of a high quality, comfortable, reliable, beautiful, simple and easy to look after. Clips with flip-up (also called hinged) mechanism I find particularly interesting. Colour of the money clip should be preferably silver and made of difficult to scratch material. I looked through money clips and found M-Clip, MoneyClamp, Slim Clip, Dalvey (though not flip up) and Tiffany quite beautiful items, but do not know which one to choose.
Also, I am not sure whether I should choose sterling silver, stainless steel or titanium money clip – silver, I suspect, will get scratch easily, stainless steel cover will wear out with time and I know little about titanium – does it look good?
Another point - I want something to put on chain that I could not lose it (if I did not use wallets on chain, I would have lost many of them).
Most of items I mentioned would probably look very bad on a chain, therefore I am thinking I perhaps should have two money clips, one cheaper version for everyday use on a chain where functionality is the priority, and another more beautiful clip for special occasions.
Any advice on this? Thank you.

It all depends. If you haven't got much money that paper clip may be just the ticket.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange