Bandit44

Reminds me of the expectations everyone had of Fred Thompson, who is a powerful actor, but did poorly on the Presidential circuit. People were expecting Dirty Harry, not a flawed, frail senior citizen.

Orsini

Honors Member
The empty chair gag also struck me as something predating television and possibly the Republican Party.
Probably so. But, I think it will get a shot in the arm now.

I further predict that durng the campaign:

1. Joe Biden will put his foot in his mouth.

2. The President will turn this same gag around.

At least we will get a laugh while we ride down to hell...

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
^^"If your gonna hang a man, you'd better make sure he's dead!" Besides...
LOL, just what is it that you have against "bumbling idiots?" If you eliminate them as potential recipients of your favorable esteem, you have eliminated perhaps 90% of the Earth's population! :icon_scratch:

PS: I'm not absolutely certain, but I do believe the Obama Administration has come off as a collection of bumbling idiots for most of the past four years...bumbling, but at times, occasionally lovable! I do so wish they could spend my tax dollars to better effect

RedBluff

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
It's really such a shame he chose to lever his much loved-by-all legacy in such a partisan fashion.
hmmm....I think the real shame is we have all lost site of the fact he is an actor....nothing more nothing less.
We are all so starved for real leaders that we look towards the imaginary ones as our hope.

Mike Petrik

Honors Member
Yeah, all those great right wing comedians dominate the industry.....oh wait.
Professional comedians are usually pretty lame when commenting on politics (where is the Left's Mark Steyn, scrappleface or iowahawk?), but Colbert is an exception:

https://thehill.com/video/house/247...says-slavery-persisted-in-brooklyn-until-1898

Of course the honorable Rep. Clarke was unduly hard on the Dutch. But for those previously unappreciated (and little known) Brooklynites, thousands of slaves undoubtedly would have fled to Manhattan causing it to tip over and capsize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZczIgVXjg

Apparently one need not possess a sense of humor to generate it.

Last edited:

WouldaShoulda

Suspended
Following that scene, although Democrats were a little skimpy this year with their usual celebrity parade, they did manage to drag out Dana Carvey doing his old Church Lady gag and put back Jerusalem and God after all!!

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange