Howard

Connoisseur
Mrs Eagle just reminded me of the "wallpaper shirts" I used to wear in the early 1970's (1972 and beyond!);They were long sleeved buttoned sport shirts with fabric patterns composed of stripes of diminutive versions of flowers and other vegetation. I can't remember what they were called, but SWMBO really liked seeing me wear those shirts and a pair of soft brown leather earth shoes, that were completely out of character for me. :(
Did it come with bellbottom pants too?

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
Mrs Eagle just reminded me of the "wallpaper shirts" I used to wear in the early 1970's (1972 and beyond!);They were long sleeved buttoned sport shirts with fabric patterns composed of stripes of diminutive versions of flowers and other vegetation. I can't remember what they were called, but SWMBO really liked seeing me wear those shirts and a pair of soft brown leather earth shoes, that were completely out of character for me. :(
Those were the ones that were advertised as 'Not your father's dress shirt, but maybe your grandfather's" and I loved them. I'd be happy to see them return, if I ever got back into wearing dress shirts.

drpeter

Makes me want some sort of sandwich on white bread and a cold Coke!
What you could have is cucumber-and-cress sandwiches with butter on white bread, crust trimmed. You need to press some of the water out of the (thinly-sliced) cukes before making the sandwiches, though. But Coke will not do, you need tea with milk or lemon.

Or else you could go all-American and have The Dagwood. Everything loose in the fridge stuffed inside, and a furlong high. A coke would work very well with that. You need to hide this monster from Blondie, though.

Last edited:

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Is that an old Smith Corona manual typewriter he is pounding away on? If so, I had one very similar to it back in high school and in my early college years. Mine was a light blue typewriter that locked into a dark grey, lockable case. I hammered out a lot of term papers on that old classic! My wife tells me we still have that old relic hidden away somewhere in our present day hoard. She is a wise lady and I wouldn't want to bet against her. LOL. ;)

drpeter

I can remember a time when we all used typewriters.
I can remember the time when we used pencils, fountain pens, and other word processors. But you can't beat the computer for producing clean copy every time. No corrections showing, clean type, nice margins, the type-face of your choice.

If you compose an article or a book on the computer, it can pretty much go straight into the printer's process with little work for a compositor. The work that remains, of course, is the printing in publisher's book format, collecting pages into signatures, binding and so forth.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.