Clothing Illustrations From or Inspired by the 20s to the 60s

drpeter

I've been watching test cricket these last few days, with New Zealand touring England. The first test was at Lord's cricket stadium and the camera would often pan the medium-sized crowd that had gathered to watch the match. Many of them had bottles of iced champagne they were consuming prior to a picnic-style lunch, others were drinking beer from bottles and glasses, and at least one fellow had a steel stirrup cup, likely with Pimm's No. 1 in it.

New Zealand performed admirably well, but England managed to sustain a resistance -- the match was drawn because after five days of play, and one day lost to rain, the time was up. NZ was leading the score by quite a lot, but those are the breaks. NZ opening batsman Devon Conway, a debut test player at Lord's, scored a double century, 200 runs, broke various records, and batted from the start of the first innings until the end. Spectacular cricket indeed!

Last edited:

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
40f59d1583ec6b98059af98cf0b2d845.jpg

drpeter

I wonder if "motorcycle" was deliberately misspelt as part of a brand name. The one ancient Indian motorcycle I had some experience with had a stick shift for changing gears!

Apparently they are still making the bikes:

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
View attachment 58751

Note the Bean boots in the foreground and the Russell's on the lady in the rear.

What a great way to spend a weekend. Does anyone still go out camping in a tent. The wife and I do, but rarely these days. When we get friends involved in the effort, they always want to take their travel trailer. Alas, it is just not the same! :(;)

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
What a great way to spend a weekend. Does anyone still go out camping in a tent. The wife and I do, but rarely these days. When we get friends involved in the effort, they always want to take their travel trailer. Alas, it is just not the same! :(;)
I'm getting the travel trailer. A shower before bed, at my age, is no longer a luxury. After all, deer season is two weeks long.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.