Clothing Illustrations From or Inspired by the 20s to the 60s

Flanderian

Connoisseur
Very '50's -

1956.jpg

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
⇧ looks like it's one of my favorite collars: a rounded-end collar (club?) with eyelets cut in so that a "bar" can pass through and be secured with "screwed ends" to work like collar bar, but much more secure.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
⇧ looks like it's one of my favorite collars: a rounded-end collar (club?) with eyelets cut in so that a "bar" can pass through and be secured with "screwed ends" to work like collar bar, but much more secure.

Absolutely! I was wearing collars like this in the early '60's (Which incidentally have nothing to do with The '60's.) The most common ends for the screw on bars were ball, or a cube. Though I always thought the cube coolest. (Uncool guys had gems in theirs. 👎)

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Absolutely! I was wearing collars like this in the early '60's (Which incidentally have nothing to do with The '60's.) The most common ends for the screw on bars were ball, or a cube. Though I always thought the cube coolest. (Uncool guys had gems in theirs. 👎)
I have both the cube and ball kind, sitting unused like most of my wonderful classic attire and accouterments. But it is one of my favorite "nuanced" item from the era. Thankfully, I don't remember ever seeing one with gems.

Last edited:

Flanderian

Connoisseur
An interesting illustration with more than just a bit of mystery built into it He is impeccably dressed, so much so that he has secured the undivided attention of the cute and perky girl next door, but what is that contraption his left hand is glomed onto? Some sort of signaling device, perhaps? ;).

Good question!

I paid no attention to it until you drew my attention, believing it a just random object the subject had grasped to steady himself after too many highballs. Surveying it more closely, I note a shelf below the apparatus at the top, suggesting it might be a display of some sort? I do remember similar looking devices with horizontal grooves into which plastic letters could be slotted to convey varying messages.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange