Danny

I just got one of these and it's great!

How often do you order something and it shows up and it's 100% exactly what you want, maybe even better? Not all that often. A USA made rugby for $56, and it's not wonky...can't beat that.

Danny

crispyfresh

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Here's the real beauty of ColumbiaKnit. Orvis is selling the exact same shirt, in the exact same color combinations that are available on the ColumbiaKnit site, for over twice as much: $129. Orvis is even brazen enough to call it the "Columbia Team Stripe Rugby Shirt".

https://www.orvis.com/p/columbia-team-stripe-rugby-shirt/6a7a
I noticed that about Orvis also. I know you gotta make a profit, but more than doubling the price?

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Sadly I've had that happen with two (of the many) shirts I have purchased from Orvis. Subsequent to purchasing those two shirts from Orvis, I found them being sold for less than half the amount I paid Orvis and let me be clear, the lower priced shirts were not sale prices! As that old saw tells us, "let the buyer beware!" ;) Still buy regularly from Orvis...much of their stuff is truly unique and their warranty is superb!

Danny

The striping is a little different [perhaps a little more refined] on the Orvis version. Granted, marking it up that much is a lot, but I don't entirely begrudge Orvis...they have to make their profit. I am happy with the regular hoop striped version direct from Columbiaknit.

DoghouseReilly

I have 4 rugbys now and a few sweatshirts from Columbia Knit. Very good products. The sweatshirts were about $35; all french terry cotton and made in the US. What else can you ask for? As for the rugby's, the normal fit is somewhat generous and they will put, say, medium sleeves on a small body if you ask. Awesome service.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.