George3

Suspended
I'm mostly in a pretty hot area and thus when I'm out, I'm almost always wear flip flops. Recently, my flip flops broke and it probably was one of the most comfortable flip flops I ever worn in a long time.

They were Dockers brand and I bought them few years ago at JCPenney in NYC. Its also very comfortable and tan color and stylish. Not long ago when I was in NYC,I went to JCPenney trying to look for exact same flip flops but they didn't have it. If they did, it was some type of flip flops that was not comfortable or look horrible etc. I'm back here now and looking to get a new pair again.

I was recently at a few shops here in NYC like Kohls and target and couldn't find any dockers flip flops or anything like it. They had those cheap beach type flip flops that are not the casual looking type but more like water types.

The last time I had flip flops this comfortable was over a decade plus ago when I was in college and bought these tan color flip flops from American Eagle... I worn them for maybe two years.... before it broke... but back then I only worn it maybe a month or two a year. But after those broke, any type of flip flops I bought were horrible. Almost all of the ones I buy were not comfortable and gave me pain... and it gave me calluses.

Now obviously I wished I bought two or three of the same current dockers flip flops I had years ago. Last time I bought a dockers one on amazon that looks very similar to the one I had... only to find our when I received it... that flip flop was not comfortable at all and returned it.

Does anyone know where I can find comfortable men's flip flops whether online or in NYC? And I don't mean like those tight beach looking cheap sandals that are very thin that barely covers your feet.

Also I remember I paid like 25 dollars max for it as well. Obviously that price isn't going to get you much nowadays. Also the other important thing is I want it to look stylish as well. I seen flip flops that are comfortable but they look hideous etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

TKI67

Elite Member
Not a $25 purchase but I love my Smathers and Branson flip flops. They are needle pointed and come in a variety of patterns and colors.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Birkenstocks is what I'd look into personally, I need to get a pair.

[/URL]

NMWA also carries sandal-adjacent footwear, such as huaraches, but their sizing seems to be sparse right now. Can always contact them as well.
The rubberized Birkenstock Essentials are what I wear, in lieu of flip-flops. They are priced nicely under $50, they are as open, airy and light on the foot as flip-flops and the contoured footbed provides much better biomechanical support that do flip-flops. That is a winning combination in my book. ;)

Yonkle

Starting Member
I'm mostly in a pretty hot area and thus when I'm out, I'm almost always wear flip flops. Recently, my flip flops broke and it probably was one of the most comfortable flip flops I ever worn in a long time.

They were Dockers brand and I bought them few years ago at JCPenney in NYC. Its also very comfortable and tan color and stylish. Not long ago when I was in NYC,I went to JCPenney trying to look for exact same flip flops but they didn't have it. If they did, it was some type of flip flops that was not comfortable or look horrible etc. I'm back here now and looking to get a new pair again.

I was recently at a few shops here in NYC like Kohls and target and couldn't find any dockers flip flops or anything like it. They had those cheap beach type flip flops that are not the casual looking type but more like water types.

The last time I had flip flops this comfortable was over a decade plus ago when I was in college and bought these tan color flip flops from American Eagle... I worn them for maybe two years.... before it broke... but back then I only worn it maybe a month or two a year. But after those broke, any type of flip flops I bought were horrible. Almost all of the ones I buy were not comfortable and gave me pain... and it gave me calluses.

Now obviously I wished I bought two or three of the same current dockers flip flops I had years ago. Last time I bought a dockers one on amazon that looks very similar to the one I had... only to find our when I received it... that flip flop was not comfortable at all and returned it.

Does anyone know where I can find comfortable men's flip flops whether online or in NYC? And I don't mean like those tight beach looking cheap sandals that are very thin that barely covers your feet.

Also I remember I paid like 25 dollars max for it as well. Obviously that price isn't going to get you much nowadays. Also the other important thing is I want it to look stylish as well. I seen flip flops that are comfortable but they look hideous etc.
check out spenco or fit flops almost comfortable flip-flop / slides I ever wore durable not too crazy price wise
Yonkle

Charles Dana

Honors Member
check out spenco or fit flops almost comfortable flip-flop / slides I ever wore durable not too crazy price wise
Yonkle
Guys, you need to understand that the OP is screwing with us. His question was not posed in good faith. If you have time on your hands, click here and there and read his posts about shorts and T-shirts; you’ll get wise to his schtick.

delicious_scent

The rubberized Birkenstock Essentials are what I wear, in lieu of flip-flops. They are priced nicely under $50, they are as open, airy and light on the foot as flip-flops and the contoured footbed provides much better biomechanical support that do flip-flops. That is a winning combination in my book. ;)
I wasn't even aware of the $50 essentials line, seems decent. Thanks for the tip!

Edit: Not a fan of how these ones look though unfortunately due to the rubber.

The regular oiled leather(I think?) line is definitely appealing to me though.
Guys, you need to understand that the OP is screwing with us. His question was not posed in good faith. If you have time on your hands, click here and there and read his posts about shorts and T-shirts; you’ll get wise to his schtick.
That's fair, it doesn't have to be about OP though.

It can just be about finding comfortable and stylish flip flops, regardless of who is looking for them.

I'm still intrigued by huaraches. They look very uncomfortable though.

TKI67

Elite Member
I wasn't even aware of the $50 essentials line, seems decent. Thanks for the tip!

Edit: Not a fan of how these ones look though unfortunately due to the rubber.

The regular oiled leather(I think?) line is definitely appealing to me though.

That's fair, it doesn't have to be about OP though.

It can just be about finding comfortable and stylish flip flops, regardless of who is looking for them.

I'm still intrigued by huaraches. They look very uncomfortable though.
As I recall from fifty years ago Huaraches took a good while to loosen up and shortly thereafter fell apart.

delicious_scent

As I recall from fifty years ago Huaraches took a good while to loosen up and shortly thereafter fell apart.
Well that cracked me up.

Hopefully not all Huaraches are made equal, the ones up there are woven with vegetable tan leather.

"Good while to loosen up" already has me running away, I don't have the patience for painfully breaking in footwear.

EclecticSr.

...plus he's been suspended, which is like being sent to your room and told not to come down until the Mars rover finds people.

Ya know, when Charles Dana and Peak and Pine tell you the OP is likely a fraud I'm inclined to take their word. Beside, they aint' manly footwear. nothin' uglier than men's feet, hell I've seen some women's feet feet make you think that there are aliens among us , no need for rover to sniff them out.

Mike Petrik

Honors Member
I agree. They are terrific for home or the beach -- rain or shine. Much more comfortable and with better support than other alternatives. Honestly, I'm not sure I'll ever buy traditional Birks again.

Hopefully, the fact that many of us appreciate that there is a place for flip-flops and sandals will cause the mischievous OP's head to explode (in a safe and secure environment of course).

Last edited:

delicious_scent

I agree. They are terrific for home or the beach -- rain or shine. Much more comfortable and with better support than other alternatives. Honestly, I'm not sure I'll ever by traditional Birks again.

Hopefully, the fact that many of us appreciate that there is a place for flip-flops and sandals will cause the mischievous OP's head to explode (in a safe and secure environment of course).
Hmm, can you compare and contrast to regular Birks? I had a family member tell me they're not comfortable either.

Mike Petrik

Honors Member
Hmm, can you compare and contrast to regular Birks? I had a family member tell me they're not comfortable either.
Footwear is very personal so mileage will vary. In my experience Birks are a very comfy summer option for home or casual forums, though not a substitute for true running shoes for long walks. Although they provide sound support, they are hostile to water and therefore not a good beach option. The rubberized versions fit more securely, are at least as comfy, and are water/beach friendly.

delicious_scent

Footwear is very personal so mileage will vary. In my experience Birks are a very comfy summer option for home or casual forums, though not a substitute for true running shoes for long walks. Although they provide sound support, they are hostile to water and therefore not a good beach option. The rubberized versions fit more securely, are at least as comfy, and are water/beach friendly.
Awesome, thanks for the tips. It sounds like the traditional option will work fine for me.

TKI67

Elite Member
Well that cracked me up.

Hopefully not all Huaraches are made equal, the ones up there are woven with vegetable tan leather.

"Good while to loosen up" already has me running away, I don't have the patience for painfully breaking in footwear.
I went to college in SoCal 1967-1971. We got 'em in TJ for about $5. The sole was old tire treads. I preferred bare feet.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.