Contemplated Purchases: A Poll

Which of these purchases are you contemplating making in the next six months?

• A bespoke suit from a Savile Row tailor

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • A bespoke suit from a tailor not in Savile Row

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • A made-to-measure suit

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • A bespoke jacket and/or trousers

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Bespoke shirts

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Made-to-measure shirts

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • Bespoke shoes

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Made-to-order shoes

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Some other item of custom-made clothing

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 13 18.3%

• Total voters

medwards

Honored Professor | Moderator, All Forums
Rossini said:
Maybe you should post a poll - how many here have commissioned or bought from Savile Row in the last 6 months, how many intend to in the next six months, etc...

As you suggest, here's a poll on contemplated commissions.

luk-cha

as i can only answer once, it will be bespoke shoes for me. say hi to Tony when you see him later!

Last edited:

Rossini

Honors Member
^ I better post an answer then!

Easy one first - custom ties from Sam Hober.
MTO shoes - Vass (they're all MTO aren't they?!)
MTM suit - in the last 6 months
MTM jacket - likewise
MTM Shirts - I have done this in the past but there are so many good fitting RTW options at the moment, I have been happy to stick to those, trying out some new brands along the way.

Bespoke is tricky as I am excluded from readily-available options geographically but I plan to do so, from Savile Row or its environs, in the next two years. I wouldn't be hung up on it being SR necessarily as long as it was from a good tailor who came recommended.

Sator

Honors Member
Does it count when your tailor has recently received a bolt of cloth to make up? I am waiting for a call to go in for fittings. Then again I suppose I am already contemplating what to order next after that anyway. In fact, I have a bolt of H Lesser 16 Oz worsted set aside for a three piece lounge suit :)

I am visiting my tailor tomorrow to place an order for a double breasted cashmere charcoal grey chesterfied. That should be fun. Next is a stop at the shirtmaker to place several orders for shirts.

Anthony Jordan

I am minded to have another Ravi suit (1-button s/b notch in a lightweight grey pinstripe, for the summer), and possibly a shirt or two as well.

the etruscan

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Next 6 months is busy. Finally going to switch from demi to grand mesure at Charvet, getting a Thick as Thieves suit done, getting a pair of oxford boots done at John Lobb Saint James. Then realizing I'm a grad student and this is well over a year of saving earthmoneys to keep myself in check.

Franko

Great idea for a poll, the responses and postings will make for interesting reading for all/most of us.
If it's done on a regular basis, a pattern may emerge about the membership demographic and any changing tastes, popular topic recently, here and 'there'. :icon_smile:

Is their previous information?.

I am probably going with a couple of suits much later this year, not sure that they will be bespoke, because one suit I am fairly certain will be a business oriented plain tweed, (if there isn't such a thing, there soon will be!) probably from Booster.

F.

Teacher

Honors Member
I don't really need anything (I haven't bought shoes in well over a year, with the exception of running shoes). Still, I may have some shirts done MTM. Still mulling it over.

medwards

Honored Professor | Moderator, All Forums
Teacher: If need were the criterion, my tailor, shirtmaker, and shoemaker would be getting very few orders from me indeed. :icon_smile_big:

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange