clothingconnoisseur

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I came across one today in Off 5th for $800 and I actually do need a new suit after dropping about 45 pounds in the last 8 months and going from a 48R to a 42R. My question is how does Corneliani compare to Zegna and Canali? Is it full or half-canvass? The full retail price seems to be about $1,800 which is substantially less than Zegna and somewhat less than Canali so I am wondering how the quality compares between the three brands.

Mute

If it's a mainline full canvas Corneliani (and not the less expensive, half-canvased line), it's comparable to Canali. Zegna has a rather wide range, from ok but over priced half canvas to much higher quality suits that are better than Canali and Corneliani, so it's not so easy to do a direct comparison.

CLTesquire

They are all full canvas Italian made suits with some hand work involved. Mainline Corneliani and Canali are basically identical but Canali is a bigger operation and has more fabrics available. Main line Zegna is more expensive than either and I think that’s more correlated to really nice fabrics than really anything else.

This particular suit has an MSRP of $1800 but I can assure you that cost is related to fabric. OTR basic Canali suits are the same price.

All of my suits that I buy these days are Corneliani. I have a MTM pattern down that I like and it’s also not really available outside of a couple local stores and Saks, which is kind of fun.

Redafan

Starting Member
I'd love it if you could post a picture of your new purchase. I love the Corneliani line, and have often placed them above Zegna but maybe a smidge below Canali

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals