Crocogator: Real & Faux

AlanC

Sartorial Sultan<br> Moderator, Trad Forum
I had a question via PM about the quality of straps, which is what I have used with my engine turned buckle. Since I took some comparison pics I figured others might be interested.

Below are belts, some faux, some real, for comparison purposes. I find the Beltmaster straps to be of solid quality, especially for the price. They're thinner than some others, but they're hard to beat for price/value.

img4755vq.jpg

From top:
1) Beltmaster black strap
2) Tardini genuine alligator
3) Martin Dingman "Alligator Grain Italian Calfskin"
4) Brooks Brothers "Genuine Leather"

5) Polo RL "Genuine Italian Leather"
6) Polo RL "Genuine Crocodile"
7) Beltmaster cognac strap
8) "Genuine La. Alligator"

The Rambler

Honors Member
The difference between real and imitation is pretty clear, even in photos, no? The first real gator belt I ever bought, the guy said "that's right, 75 bucks, but the quality will remain long after the price is forgotten." The belt is long gone, but I still remember the (then, shocking) price. :icon_smile_big:

fishertw

Elite Member
Check out a web provider called "Alligator by Kinnamon". A guy named Pete owns the business. I've purchased two of his alligator belts for around $100 each and have been very pleased with the goods. He has them in a variety of colors. His belts are about as inexpensive as you can find for the real deal in Alligator..
just my $.02
Tom

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange