justonemore

Elite Member
Too funny.. On the same trip Bibi asked for another $300 million in separatley funded missiles ( Iguess welfare types aren't very good at budgeting)...Sure biib...Let's get out the ole welfare checkbook. Should we make it $400 million just in case? Not like our kids need it or anything... We have more children going hungry than you have citzens but heck...What's a bit more misappropriation of public funds between friends? We alll have élections to get through afterall.

And according to the U.S. governement.....2014 was the biggest year of U.S. Israeli welfare on record.....

Just a few facts about our best buddies and "guest" speakers of the house....

Since 1992, the U.S. has offered Israel an additional $2 billion annually in loan guarantees. Congressional researchers have disclosed that between 1974 and 1989, $16.4 billion in U.S. military loans were converted to grants and that this was the understanding from the beginning. Indeed, all past U.S. loans to Israel have eventually been forgiven by Congress, which has undoubtedly helped Israel's often-touted claim that they have never defaulted on a U.S. government loan. U.S. policy since 1984 has been that economic assistance to Israel must equal or exceed Israel's annual debt repayment to the United States. Unlike other countries, which receive aid in quarterly installments, aid to Israel since 1982 has been given in a lump sum at the beginning of the fiscal year, leaving the U.S. government to borrow from future revenues. Israel even lends some of this money back through U.S. treasury bills and collects the additional interest.

In addition, there is the more than $1.5 billion in private U.S. funds that go to Israel annually in the form of $1 billion in private tax-deductible donations and $500 million in Israeli bonds. The ability of Americans to make what amounts to tax-deductible contributions to a foreign government, made possible through a number of Jewish charities, does not exist with any other country. Nor do these figures include short- and long-term commercial loans from U.S. banks, which have been as high as $1 billion annually in recent years.

Total U.S. aid to Israel is approximately one-third of the American foreign-aid budget, even though Israel comprises just .001 percent of the world's population and already has one of the world's higher per capita incomes. Indeed, Israel's GNP is higher than the combined GNP of Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, the West Bank and Gaza. With a per capita income of about $14,000, Israel ranks as the sixteenth wealthiest country in the world; Israelis enjoy a higher per capita income than oil-rich Saudi Arabia and are only slightly less well-off than most Western European countries.

U.S. government officials argue that this money is necessary for "moral" reasons-some even say that Israel is a "democracy battling for its very survival." If that were the real reason, however, aid should have been highest during Israel's early years, and would have declined as Israel grew stronger. Yet "the pattern...has been just the opposite." According to Zunes, "99 percent of all U.S. aid to Israel took place after the June 1967 war, when Israel found itself more powerful than any combination of Arab armies...."

Just more proof as to the "give an inch, they take a mile" theory....

We spend about the same amount on Israel as we spend for our entire public education system...

Per capita the U.S. spends about $72'500 per year for each Israeli.... yet only $12'500 per american student... Shouldn't those numbers be reversed? & to think that the gopers cried about the welfare queen who bought a new car every year.... This situation is much worse and much more dentrimental to the fabric of American society....American citizens first!!! U-.S. taxpayer dollars for Americans... Let those that claim religious holy lands fight it out. the 1st adm disallows the U.S. to do so....

Can any of the righties defend that $60'000 more per capita for overseas welfare is actually advantageous versus spending the same on our own children?

Last edited:

vpkozel

How? By cheering the leader of a pariah state that US taxpayers prop up?
Pariah state? Seriously?

I have as many problems with Israel (including its creation), but to say it is a pariah is laughable and only fuels the anti Semitism inferiority it has. Especially when these statements come from Europeans.

What, anything? As an outsider I found the performance cringe-worthy; that the Legislators of a great Nation should have behaved publicly in such a ridiculous way was an embarrassment! Even if the recipient of such an ovation was worthy of it, it was still a ridiculous performance, especially as it was obviously deliberately calculated to undermine the Head of State. Such a deliberate partisan performance shows indeed that there is a serious problem in the current government.
Perhaps you should pull up a youtube of Obama's first SOTU address. Something tells me that you aren't going to label that cringe worthy.....

Last edited:

justonemore

Elite Member
Pariah state? Seriously?

I have as many problems with Israel (including its creation), but to say it is a pariah is laughable and only fuels the anti Semitism inferiority it has. Especially when these statements come from Europeans.

Perhaps you should pull up a youtube of Obama's first SOTU address. Something tells me that you aren't going to label that cringe worthy.....
I'm an American and claim that israel is nothing but a welfarr driven pariah state. Better?

vpkozel

I'm an American and claim that israel is nothing but a welfarr driven pariah state. Better?
[h=2]Full Definition of PARIAH[/h]1
: a member of a low caste of southern India

: one that is despised or rejected : outcast

See pariah defined for English-language learners

See pariah defined for kids

Examples of PARIAH
  • He's a talented player but his angry outbursts have made him a pariah in the sport of baseball.
  • <I felt like a pariah when I wore the wrong outfit to the dinner party.>
  • For decades, African states longed for the day when South Africa would be liberated from its status as the apartheid pariah and become the economic engine that would pull Africa out of its mire of poverty and underdevelopment, much as Japan did for the Pacific Rim. —Allister Sparks, Wilson Quarterly, Spring 2001
  • Even as her star was rising in the outside world, she was becoming more and more a pariah in her own village, where her isolation and sense of rejection made her, for a time, a prisoner in her house, a victim of agoraphobia. —Judy Oppenheimer, New York Times Book Review, 3 July 1988
  • Once they began to migrate to the United States, especially after this country conferred citizenship on them in 1917, they discovered what it meant to be a pariah in the country that had adopted them. —John Hope Franklin, “The Land of Room Enough,” 1981, in Race and History, 1989
  • [+]more[-]hide

[h=2]Origin of PARIAH[/h]Tamil paṟaiyan, literally, drummerFirst Known Use: 1613

[h=2]Related to PARIAH[/h]Synonymscastaway, castoff, leper, offscouring, outcast, rejectRelated Wordsuntouchable; outsider; deportee, exileNear Antonymsinsider
[+]more

vpkozel

I am sorry, but I do not think that definition fits.

And if you think it does, then I would say that you need to seriously ask yourself if you are anti Semitic.

WouldaShoulda

Suspended
What, anything? As an outsider I found the performance cringe-worthy; that the Legislators of a great Nation should have behaved publicly in such a ridiculous way was an embarrassment! Even if the recipient of such an ovation was worthy of it, it was still a ridiculous performance, especially as it was obviously deliberately calculated to undermine the Head of State.
Yet, instead of acting like a grown up, our Head of State repeated this oddly paranoid sentiment.

justonemore

Elite Member

And if you think it does, then I would say that you need to seriously ask yourself if you are anti Semitic.
Ah. The race card. Well played for someone in your position. I suppose the majority opinion on the matter is nothing but the world being anti-semitic?

"hands up, don't shoot".... Americans are such obvious racist bastards....

Last edited:

Chouan

Honors Member
Pariah state? Seriously?

Seriously. Israel has been the subject of more UN Resolutions condemning its actions than any other state.

Why? I'm sure that he can be embarrassing at times, but I was commenting on the subject of the thread. Obama being embarrassing doesn't change the fact that I thought the "performance" of Congress embarrassing.

Chouan

Honors Member

Thinking that Israel's repeated illegal acts and being the recipient of so many UN Resolutions against it makes it a pariah state does not mean that one is anti-semitic. We're not talking about individuals or people or a race, we're talking about a state. Israel and Jews are not synonymous.

justonemore

Elite Member
Thinking that Israel's repeated illegal acts and being the recipient of so many UN Resolutions against it makes it a pariah state does not mean that one is anti-semitic. We're not talking about individuals or people or a race, we're talking about a state. Israel and Jews are not synonymous.
Amen... Such a hard thing for many to understand....

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Has no one noted that while the Republicans consider the speech a great success and the Democrats decry insult, a substantial majority of the American republic seem to have received The Israeli Prime Minister's words very favorably, seemingly in agreement with the conclusions he preached! Perhaps the Dems should check in with the constituencies they were elected to serve? :icon_scratch:

Chouan

Honors Member
Has no one noted that while the Republicans consider the speech a great success and the Democrats decry insult, a substantial majority of the American republic seem to have received The Israeli Prime Minister's words very favorably, seemingly in agreement with the conclusions he preached! Perhaps the Dems should check in with the constituencies they were elected to serve? :icon_scratch:
Are you sure? From what evidence do you draw such a conclusion? In any case, that Netanyahu spoke the words that you suggest that many Americans wanted to hear doesn't mean anything beyond the fact that he was cleverly playing to his audience.

WouldaShoulda

Suspended
Are you sure? From what evidence do you draw such a conclusion? In any case, that Netanyahu spoke the words that you suggest that many Americans wanted to hear doesn't mean anything beyond the fact that he was cleverly playing to his audience.
Simply the fact that not all Dems acted childishly, only a minority of them.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
My source was last nights evening newscasts, but you conveniently miss the central point made in my post which was our elected representatives seem to be ignoring the voce(s) of the people they were elected to represent...including the present occupant of the White House.

justonemore

Elite Member
My source was last nights evening newscasts, but you conveniently miss the central point made in my post which was our elected representatives seem to be ignoring the voce(s) of the people they were elected to represent...including the present occupant of the White House.
So in your thought boner asked his constiuants before playing such a political card?

justonemore

Elite Member
Sources please....

vpkozel

Whoa there, Tex. Why do you say that they are illegal acts?

And the fact that Israel has so many more than egregious violators like China, Russia, and other totalitarian states is laughable. You know it and I know it.

If you don't think that the criticism of the Jewish state is often motivated by the fact that they are, you know Jewish and everything, then you are deluding yourself.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.