Men's Clothing Forums banner

Decrying ‘insult,’ House Democrats seethe after Netanyahu address

29K views 136 replies 14 participants last post by  Chouan 
#1 ·
AKA; The pathetic, sad, phony outrage of the petulant, childish Left of the Democrat Party.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was met with rounds of applause and repeated standing ovations Tuesday while addressing a joint meeting of Congress but make no mistake: Democrats were by no means joining in the acclaim.
With their hands, their feet and their mouths, Democratic members made clear during and after that they had to Netanyahu's remarks - both in how they were delivered and in what they contained.
[]
President Obama said that Netanyahu didn't offer any "viable alternatives" to the during his speech to Congress.
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) wore a fierce expression during much of the speech and left the House floor before Netanyahu did, without greeting him, and saying later that she was insulted by the speech.

Of course, there was no "insult" and the only "political theater" was put on by the accusers.

BN did propose alternatives including the most obvious, no deal at all!!

I respect the Democrats that didn't participate in the foolishness of their Leftist minority.

See less See more
#53 ·
Has no one noted that while the Republicans consider the speech a great success and the Democrats decry insult, a substantial majority of the American republic seem to have received The Israeli Prime Minister's words very favorably, seemingly in agreement with the conclusions he preached! Perhaps the Dems should check in with the constituencies they were elected to serve? :icon_scratch:

#54 ·
Has no one noted that while the Republicans consider the speech a great success and the Democrats decry insult, a substantial majority of the American republic seem to have received The Israeli Prime Minister's words very favorably, seemingly in agreement with the conclusions he preached! Perhaps the Dems should check in with the constituencies they were elected to serve? :icon_scratch:
Are you sure? From what evidence do you draw such a conclusion? In any case, that Netanyahu spoke the words that you suggest that many Americans wanted to hear doesn't mean anything beyond the fact that he was cleverly playing to his audience.

#55 ·
Are you sure? From what evidence do you draw such a conclusion? In any case, that Netanyahu spoke the words that you suggest that many Americans wanted to hear doesn't mean anything beyond the fact that he was cleverly playing to his audience.
Simply the fact that not all Dems acted childishly, only a minority of them.

#56 ·
My source was last nights evening newscasts, but you conveniently miss the central point made in my post which was our elected representatives seem to be ignoring the voce(s) of the people they were elected to represent...including the present occupant of the White House.

#58 ·
My source was last nights evening newscasts, but you conveniently miss the central point made in my post which was our elected representatives seem to be ignoring the voce(s) of the people they were elected to represent...including the present occupant of the White House.
So in your thought boner asked his constiuants before playing such a political card?

#59 ·
Sources please....

#60 ·
Thinking that Israel's repeated illegal acts and being the recipient of so many UN Resolutions against it makes it a pariah state does not mean that one is anti-semitic. We're not talking about individuals or people or a race, we're talking about a state. Israel and Jews are not synonymous.
Whoa there, Tex. Why do you say that they are illegal acts?

And the fact that Israel has so many more than egregious violators like China, Russia, and other totalitarian states is laughable. You know it and I know it.

If you don't think that the criticism of the Jewish state is often motivated by the fact that they are, you know Jewish and everything, then you are deluding yourself.

#61 · (Edited)

And the fact that Israel has so many more than egregious violators like China, Russia, and other totalitarian states is laughable. You know it and I know it.

If you don't think that the criticism of the Jewish state is often motivated by the fact that they are, you know Jewish and everything, then you are deluding yourself.
While Bibi may want to claim such, israel speaks for all the jews as vatican state speaks for all catholics...

Most european jews were against bibi's "come home" speaches. Altough it is hard for the antisemitic americans to admit.

#62 ·
While Bibi may want to claim such, israel speaks for all the jews as vatican state speaks for all catholics...

Most european jews were against bibi's "come home" speaches
I don't think that he has ever claimed to speak for all Jews. Do you have a source for that? Hell, he doesn't even speak for all Israelis.

He does however speak as the leader of Israel.

#63 ·

That's easy!!

The UN finding Israel in violation more frequently than other States proves they are a pariah, just as the excessive arrests of Black persons in Missouri prove that Black people are more violent and more prone to criminal behaviors.

Silly!!

#64 ·

Bombing or invading the territory of a sovereign state without declaration of war is usually regarded as an illegal act. Using banned weapons, like WP against civilian targets is usually regarded as an illegal act. Targeting civilians is usually regarded as an illegal act. Assassination is usually regarded as an illegal act. Dispossessing people at gun point of their legally held property, without right of redress or compensation, is illegal even in Israel, yet the Israeli government does it on a regular basis to provide land for new immigrants and settlers.
Just because Russia has committed illegal acts and has been condemned by the UN in Resolutions doesn't excuse Israel. The thread is about a racist Prime Minister of a pariah state addressing Congress, and being wildly applauded.
If you wish to start a thread condemning the human rights record of China or Russia, please feel free to do so.

#65 ·
Bombing or invading the territory of a sovereign state without declaration of war is usually regarded as an illegal act. Using banned weapons, like WP against civilian targets is usually regarded as an illegal act. Targeting civilians is usually regarded as an illegal act. Assassination is usually regarded as an illegal act. Dispossessing people at gun point of their legally held property, without right of redress or compensation, is illegal even in Israel, yet the Israeli government does it on a regular basis to provide land for new immigrants and settlers.
Just because Russia has committed illegal acts and has been condemned by the UN in Resolutions doesn't excuse Israel. The thread is about a racist Prime Minister of a pariah state addressing Congress, and being wildly applauded.
If you wish to start a thread condemning the human rights record of China or Russia, please feel free to do so.
But these are "the good guys" you anti-semite

#66 · (Edited)

I don't boycott "jews"... I boycott "Iraelis"...no anti-semitism... but man oh man is there a huge difference in thought. Too bad you and other zionists can't admit the difference as well.

China & Russia have killed less non-combatants together in 20 years as Israel has in 5. What a horrible thing to compare... Even the current Ukrain issue has killed less civilians...

#67 ·
I thought we were talking about Israel, when did you switch the topic to Hamas and other Palestinian terrorist organizations. We really need a dancing banana smiley....

Perhaps you could tell me where I said that it excused their actions. What I am saying is that if you care nothing about the actions of one party doing something and decry the other party doing the exact same thing, then it is not the action that you are condemning, so it must be something else.

#68 ·
I don't boycott "jews"... I boycott "Iraelis"...no anti-semitism... but man oh man is there a huge difference in thought. Too bad you and other zionists can't admit the difference as well.

China & Russia have killed less non-combatants together in 20 years as Israel has in 5. What a horrible thing to compare... Even the current Ukrain issue has killed less civilians...
You sure about that?

And it is fewer, not less..... :D

#70 ·

You boycott Israelis? What does that mean?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.