medhat

Curious @iam.mike why this brand's "official" Forum thread, just started in late January '21, was closed to further replies, as I was intending to report on the shirt I just received from them today.

From online order to arrival took just over 3 weeks, and I must say I'm pretty impressed. I think the online ordering instructions and measurements were spot on; I'd absolutely go with "real" and not vanity sizing and it's likely to work.

I think they do offer a rework guarantee; after washing if there's appreciable shrinkage (I intend to hang dry) I may need to look into it. Very pleased with the fabric and craftsmanship; apart from the box pretty crushed up in transit from Turkey the packaging of the shirt would easily have equaled what I would expect stateside.

I would absolutely note that IMO this company tends to lean very much towards the more expensive end of the online MTM offerings (even with discount), but for what I wanted I didn't have less expensive options.

On the old thread someone asked about shoulder shape and fit. I can say that my shirt fits very comparably to my go-to OTR shirts, which are Milano (formerly very slim fit) BB dress shirts with the Argyle collar; this fits in the shoulders and body very close to that, if not even a touch better for me particularly.

If there were any nit I wanted to pick it would be to have an option to designate sleeve length individually. My right arm is (I'm right handed) slightly longer such that I'd have jumped at the chance to add an extra 1/4" to the right sleeve length.

But if that's my only quibble it's a small quibble indeed. Otherwise please consider this a solid endorsement. Yes, more than you'd pay for OTR, but I was pretty pleased.

Last edited by a moderator:

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
Curious @iam.mike why this brand's "official" Forum thread, just started in late January '21, was closed to further replies
Deo Veritas started advertising with us in Jan 2020, and just recently concluded their advertising. Generally speaking, if a partner is no longer advertising with us, or participating in the community on a regular basis, we'll close their Official Thread for further updates.

Of course we welcome any/all comments about current or prior advertising partners from our community, and always encourage our brand partners to join in the discussion here as well :)

Glad to hear you're happy with your Deo Veritas purchase, and thanks for sharing details about your experience and the shirt you received!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.