Fading Fast

Connoisseur
I am just young enough to have missed it in its first run, but saw many reruns of The Avengers growing up in the '70s.

What I love about Diana Rigg as Emma Peel is well everything: sure the leather suit, sure the body, sure the pretty face, but it was the joy and smarts that she brought to the role that made it work.

There are many beautiful, well-built women in Hollywood, then and now, but Diana Rigg made Miss Emma Peal fun, engaging and intelligent. She made her so much more than just another pretty star.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
She might just be the first TV woman I fell in love with! Funny thing how she entered my subconscious, leading me to three girl friends named "Diane", one of whom I married.
That's a pretty big coincidence. One Diane isn't, two is not crazy odds, three is getting up there in odds.

That said, my girlfriend gives me a hard time because I have multiple Kathys, Cathys, Kathleens and Kates in my dating past, but as I've explained to her, I liked blonde Catholic girls when I was young (and I lived in blue-collar Central New Jersey, so there was no shortage of them), so, effectively, my dating pool was fifty percent made up of girls with some version of the name Kathy. :)

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
She might just be the first TV woman I fell in love with! Funny thing how she entered my subconscious, leading me to three girl friends named "Diane", one of whom I married.
Hoping not to denigrate the intent of this memorial thread, but was the unarguable appeal of Emma Peel to an entire generation of young males, the full body leather skin suit she wore so frequently or was it the occupant of that suit that so stirred our emotions? Perhaps we shall never know. LOL. ;)

Big T

Hoping not to denigrate the intent of this memorial thread, but was the unarguable appeal of Emma Peel to an entire generation of young males, the full body leather skin suit she wore so frequently or was it the occupant of that suit that so stirred our emotions? Perhaps we shall never know. LOL. ;)
Well Eagle you started the denigration and I'm one to never let something like this past, but I bet she was in many of our dreams and thoughts last night:cool:

drpeter

You can certainly know from me, Eagle. I like leather and I like lovely women, so the combination is irresistible. If it's brown leather during the daytime and black leather at night, then it will be perfect, LOL.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.