Woofa

Plenty of time on my hands and I was organizing my tie collection. Out of curiosity, might anyone know who makes these ties? (The two on the right are both Arny’s.
EDF80CA3-9D66-4660-B131-35B2B08D8C5A.jpeg

not really important but knowing might help me find more.

Charles Dana

Honors Member
I don’t think the forum rules allow me to link to other blogs, so I’ll just say that if you google “Arny’s neckties” (but without the quotation marks) you’ll get a hit on an article that appeared in the “Die, Workwear!” blog in 2014 about Arny’s.

Woofa

So as a result of Charles Dana’s suggestion I found that these ties may have been made while Dominique Lelys was at Arny’s.

this led me to some pics of similar ties.
1587312978562.png

Once again my two.
1587313040161.jpeg

this led to a post by another member on tof who has given me permission to post it here.

Lelys is an accessories designer. He doesn’t make anything. He was accessories designer at Arnys for several decades before Berluti bought it. Now that Arnys is dead he has his own line called Le Lys that is pretty much what Arnys used to be. Most of it is for the Japanese market. Those ties are made in Italy. Flusser sells knockoffs made by Drakes but they aren’t seven fold. Chato Lufsen sells French-made versions. To note that the Arnys seven fold ties are deliberately clumsily made, to look more handmade. The best sevenfold French ties I’ve seen are by Anthime Mouley for Lanvin.

Great information here and I hope this encourages anyone else with interest to research their clothing.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.