OCBD365

Starting Member
From what I've seen in 2010 they had OTR jackets with standard sack features. Today they offer soft 3/2 rolls via RRL and a "Polo soft coat" with only a soft shoulder.

At some point this year I'd like to pay them a visit but my research has come up empty on what jacket models they offer in their program.

Where I live I can get a great price on H.Freeman MTM but their Nat VI is not a true 3/2, I used to work at BB and don't trust their product, and I'm in California so I don't plan on making it out to J.Press or O'Connells.

If anyone has any experience with Ralph Lauren MTM in the past few years I'd appreciate any feedback.

FiscalDean

Can you get to Cable Car in San Francisco? They do the Southwick Douglas & Cambridge MTM which check pretty much all of the boxes.
The last time I visited the Cable Car Clothiers web site, I just about fell out of my chair. To say their prices are on the high end would be a serious understatement. I'd check for a local company that offers English American Tailors line of products.

peterc

I don't think POLO does MTM anymore. I can only opine that something is not as expensive as it once seemed when you can't get it anymore. Polo MTM was in that category.

OCBD365

Starting Member
I don't think POLO does MTM anymore. I can only opine that something is not as expensive as it once seemed when you can't get it anymore. Polo MTM was in that category.
It’s still going.

From what I can tell it appears Purple Label is the priority. I was asking to see if Polo still had some solid options.

The MTM program seems to have been scaled back to larger door stores. My store at Stanford closed and the one in San Francisco is tiny. There was only one employee their when I stopped by.

I agree with you in that their OTR prices are absurd and I’m sure custom is worse.

peterc

Right, Purple Label is the priority. I know the SF store does not do any MTM. I have been told that NY and Chicago do some Polo MTM but have never really had confirmation on that.

Also, just to be clear, although I once believed that Polo's OTR prices were high, I don't think that anymore and wish I had bought more when it was available. My one and only Polo MTM was an incredible black flannel forward pleated dress trouser, the Philip model - w/ side tabs. Wish I'd bought 10 of them. I wonder if Corneliani (who made it) can duplicate it. Probably not. Polo's cuts and styles were unique.

rl1856

I would contact Southwick and ask who their retail partners are in your area. They definitely offer MTM and a reasonable price. Their Douglas pattern remains a standard option.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.