Michele luce 9

Starting Member
Hello everyone.
I just bought a Barbour and I was wondering if is the right size for me. I’m not used to relaxed fitting even if I know it is how the jacket is suppose to be. I like the brand, the heritage, the smell, just I don’t know if is too big for me this one. They sold me an M because they thought was my size,even if I often take an S. what do you think?
Thanks to everyone

I attach some photos:
C26EF237-0A7E-4537-9932-3622F32BEB38.jpeg
153F93A3-A543-4859-A454-8B04C712F0F4.jpeg
ECB02FEA-ABA7-4844-849C-3F9ABFBA69C2.jpeg
347BB880-FF70-452C-A0FA-0E5D566454C3.jpeg

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
I prefer a roomier fit. The one you are wearing provides you with a reasonable fit and if you installed one of their insulated liners, I suspect the fit would be perfect. It also preserves your future options to layer, as necessary, to deal with colder weather conditions. Enjoy your new coat! ;)

London380sl

Looks good to me. You definitely want to be able to layer. Throw on a sweater and see how the fit is.
Also, the sleeves are the perfect length. I would think the sleeves would be too short in with a small.

P:S: You live in on of my favorite cities. Are you on the islands or on the mainland?

Last edited:

David J. Cooper

If you want it tighter then go with a Barbour International. That is the perfect fit for a traditional waxed Barbour. If you love the heritage and the smell you are almost there.

Enjoy your jacket and welcome.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.