Dolphins Fans sign in...

The Gabba Goul

Elite Member
Gabba have you ever heard of a hall-of-famer Dolphin by the name of Dwight Stepheson?
I have a meeting with him this month, he has been appointed by Florida governor to the Florida Wildlife Commission. I met him last month also, but did not know who he was. below is a link to his FWC biopage. Should I ask him for an autograph for you if he is indeed at the meeting again?

OMG...definately...I know him, he played in superbowl XIX (or what I like to call Marino's greatest defeat)...check your PMs...

TheSaint

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Keyshawn Johnson

Gents...

Scroll down until you see article regarding Keyshawn Johnson.
Rumor has it that he is getting close to signing with Dolphins.

SpookyTurtle

Unfortunate for Zach. He mentioned he will play again for another team. The guy suffered a concussion causing him to miss most of 2007 season. The guy hits and tackles hard. He needs to retire before he suffers another one.

Hopefully he will sign with NE. He left here with an offer in hand.

Bishop of Briggs

I must confess to supporting the Dolphins but could not get a ticket for last year's game at Wembley. I did see Dan Marino and his team mates whip the 49ers (with Joe Montana) at Wembley in the late 80s.

The Gabba Goul

Elite Member
I must confess to supporting the Dolphins but could not get a ticket for last year's game at Wembley. I did see Dan Marino and his team mates whip the 49ers (with Joe Montana) at Wembley in the late 80s.

please tell me that you at least got a picture of that giant robotic Jason Taylor though...

SpookyTurtle

I think you guys will have a good chance at getting him, I highly doubt NOLA will be able to offer him anything better...although he might be inticed by Denver or Houston if he makes it that far...

I hope at this stage of his career he wants to go where he has a good chance to get to the Super Bowl. He has been an intense player his entire career. I have always liked seeing him play. I would be glad to see him here in NE. I think he would fit in perfectly.

The Gabba Goul

Elite Member
I hope at this stage of his career he wants to go where he has a good chance to get to the Super Bowl. He has been an intense player his entire career. I have always liked seeing him play. I would be glad to see him here in NE. I think he would fit in perfectly.

Looks like he ended up in Dallas...I didnt even know that Dallas was interested in him...well...at least he'll have a pretty good shot with them (provided Romo remains celebate [sp?] for the entire season)...

but in even bigger news...

This could either be really good news or really bad news...only time will tell...MAN I CANT WAIT for football season to start again...

TheSaint

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
2008 Draft Pics

Interesting article regarding Dolphin 2008 Draft Pics.

Miami Dolphins: Chris Long, DE, Virginia
For some of the top selections of this mock, I'm going to list all of the candidates and talk about why each respective team will or won't draft them.

First, however, I want to address the rumor that Dallas is interested in the No. 1 overall pick. It's not happening. If there are rumors that a deal is in the works, it's probably not true. Who would leak something like that to the media? Besides, if the Cowboys really want Darren McFadden, they don't need to move all the way up the draft board. A swap with the Rams would be more likely, though improbable. Dallas would just have to give up too much. The Saints suffered for years after dealing all of their picks for Ricky Williams. It's just not worth it. Moving on...

Glenn Dorsey: I've had Miami selecting Dorsey for months now. I've always stated that just because the Tuna became a Dolphin doesn't mean that the team is going to run a pure 3-4. But what if they want to? Can Dorsey fit into that scheme? He's a really talented player, but he's more of a 4-3 under tackle than a 3-4 nose. If there weren't any other candidates for the top selection, Dorsey would definitely be the guy. But then again, maybe he was surpassed by...

Sedrick Ellis: I really thought about placing Ellis atop my mock. He can play nose in the 3-4 - though he's better off in the 4-3 - which is a position of need the Dolphins must address. He was so dominant in the Senior Bowl, tossing opposing linemen aside as if they were small children. Any team would be lucky to have a beast like Ellis, whom Mike Mayock listed over Dorsey in his defensive tackle rankings. I'd probably have Ellis going first if it wasn't for...

Chris Long: Perhaps the best fit for the Dolphins, as Long can play in any scheme. Long has more experience in the 3-4 than the two aforementioned prospects, and seems like the type of player Bill Parcells would love to have on his squad. Dorsey and Ellis might be more talented, but I don't think you spend a No. 1 overall pick on a guy you're not sure can play in your system.

Everyone Else: Vernon Gholston? Perhaps if he has an incredible Combine. Jake Long has a slim shot, but Dorsey, Ellis and Chris Long are all better options. Jeff Ireland has a history of drafting offensive linemen later rather than sooner. Darren McFadden could go No. 1 if someone trades up, but that's very unlikely.

Matt Ryan? Not much of a chance. Why would the Dolphins pass on Brady Quinn last year for John Beck, and not give Beck a full season as a starter? And I don't think Parcells is planning to be around for a long time, so I'm not sure if he's willing to have the patience to sit through a young quarterback's developmental process. He'll likely pursue a veteran free agent this or next offseason, and draft a signal caller in the later rounds.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange