Duck Head returns (again)?

crispyfresh

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Good post. I hope they stick around. I've always loved their products. Duckhead is the classic southern prep brand...

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Given the company's demonstrated propensity for repeatedly rising from the ashes, perhaps the company's name should be "Phoenix Head" or "The Phoenix Rising," yes, no? ;)

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
It seemed they blew their relaunch of several years ago. Comments on this forum - very expensive, average quality, etc. - dissuaded me from my initial inclination to give them a try. Now I'm in full "put up or shut up" mode.

After that flop, they'll need great reviews to get me as a customer. I was sympathetic toward the first revival, now it feels grubby to me.

WillBarrett

Wish they could make it work but I have my doubts.

Local generic department store had a plethora of their tees a few years back before the last relaunch but I didn't get one before they disappeared.

My hunch is they ended up overseas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tucker

Now available for purchase. Chinos priced at $118, shorts at $78.

Imported. 98% cotton, 2% spandex. "Microsanded and enzyme washed for a softer touch". Hard to determine fit, looks to be a lower rise and slimmer fit than I'd hoped.

I'm gonna have to settle for the free t-shirt.

orange fury

Connoisseur
I’ll be interested to see reviews of them, but I’m probably not going to buy any myself. Too bad.

I do like my free t shirt though

FLMike

Connoisseur
They messed up the logo on the back of the chinos again, will they ever learn?

Wow, they sure did. Big time. The ONLY reason I would consider buying a pair of Duckhead shorts is for the nostalgia....because the khaki shorts with the rectangular yellow logo above the back pocket are what were covering my a$$ all throughout my college years. Without that yellow logo, I have zero interest in their stuff.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
^^LOL.
This strikes me as a garment industry version of Stephen King's "Pet Cemetery" scenario. They may come back from the dead, but are never quite the same! :(

Patrick06790

Connoisseur
Not promising, but now that Lands End has recovered its sanity I can stock up on inexpensive chinos elsewhere.

I like my Duck Head t-shirt though.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
I cannot believe they screwed up the logo - that would have been three-quarters of the reason to try the over-priced relaunch in the first place.

phyrpowr

Honors Member
There was a recent piece on them over at "Ivy Style", and the comments were roughly the same. I wasn't that impressed with them when they first came out, just another pair of khakis with a tacky logo, but apparently that logo sold to Southern frat boys.

Now they're imported, without the "cool" logo, and expensive. Can't see this going anywhere

Last edited:

127.72 MHz

Elite Member
"Imported" = made in China
No, thank you.

Saying Duck Head is back is like saying Baracuta is back. Having just purchased a "New" Baracuta, trust me, Baracuta is NOT back. It is well made but nothing like my two other "Old" U.K. made Baracutas.

The same with the PF Flyers I purchased to wear in the yard last year out of nostalgia for the Flyers I wore as a kid. Cheap Chinese poop that fell apart in two weeks,....

Duck Head is not back. The Duck Head NAME is back,....

Mike Petrik

Honors Member
I had the opportunity to speak with Oxford Industries' CEO earlier this year (right before the launch), and he acknowledged that although the construction would be quite good the fit would be very different, catering to contemporary preferences. He did not seem to think that the brand could be successful with classic fittings. Perhaps that is right. I'm skeptical, however, insomuch as the only men who recall this brand sufficiently to applaud its return will presumably reflect the sentiments shared on this thread. But we'll see.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.