DoghouseReilly

No way compadre, are you sure? I haven't had to use one of those in years. All my labels fit on an 8.5 x 5.5 rectangle. Or is it certain countries?
Positive, my man. Things I have sent to the Philippines and Korea have needed them. You print 4 copies of the customs declaration/label. One for the post office, one for yourself, and two for the customs houses. All but yours go into that little envelope that you stick on your package.

Dmontez

Advanced Member
eBay also has an option where you just send the item to an international processing center, and eBay handles it from there.

https://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/shipping-globally.html

Last edited:

Dmontez

Advanced Member
Desi, you're killing me man. Look up!!
Ha! Completely my fault. I stopped scrolling up when I saw the alligator chukkas.

Reading through your explanation of it makes a lot of sense! I'm selling an iPhone6 on eBay, and a guy from Italy told me it would cost just as much for shipping and import as it would to purchase the phone.

Last edited:

mack11211

Advanced Member
Yet more NWT J Press, Alan Flusser Custom, Red Hunt Coat, classic Polo flannel, etc

ALAN FLUSSER CUSTOM SILK VESTS
NWT J PRESS COAT, SUIT, RAIN COAT, TROUSERS
CLASSIC POLO RALPH LAUREN
ENGLISH HUNT COAT
LUCIANO BARBERA

ENDING TONIGHT SUNDAY 10 PM EST

NEW ALAN FLUSSER CUSTOM england SANTA CLAUS SILK VEST sz S

BIG SALE NEW nwt $995 J PRESS STRIPE WOOL COAT 40 R 50 eu SCOTLAND cashmere

NEW $695 J PRESS TAN COTTON SACK SUIT 37 38 R us 48 eu ivy trad

DOMINION SADDLERY england RED HUNT COAT riding 42 44 us men's

BIG SALE NEW nwt $175 J PRESS 11 wale BOLD RED CORDUROY PANTS 42 us 58 eu

BIG SALE NEW nwt $175 J PRESS 11 wale DARK BROWN CORDUROY PANTS 44 us 60 eu

BIG SALE NEW nwt $1395 J PRESS RAIN COAT 38L us or M w/ WOOL LINER SCOTLAND

LUCIANO BARBERA Trillion Palm Beach BLUE LINEN COAT 38 us 48 eu

BIG SALE NWT $265 J PRESS OLIVE super 120s GABARDINE TROUSERS 42 us 58 eu

BIG SALE NWT $225 J PRESS TAN FLANNEL DRESS TROUSERS 42 us 58 eu

BIG SALE NWT $265 J PRESS OLIVE grn melagne FLANNEL DRESS TROUSERS 44 us 60 eu

NEW ALAN FLUSSER ENGLAND woven medallion WOVEN SILK VEST sz L XL

BIG SALE NWT $290 J PRESS GREEN FLANNEL DRESS TROUSERS 44 us 60 eu DBL PLEAT

FALL CLASSIC POLO Ralph Lauren DB GRAY FLANNEL COAT jacket blazer 42 52

BIG SALE NWT $375 J PRESS CHARCOAL GRAY CINCH BACK WORSTED PANTS 42 us 58 eu
Made for J Press by MARTIN GREENFIELD!

BIG SALE NWT $290 J PRESS HOUNDSTOOTH CHECK TROUSERS 44 us 60 eu

BROOKS BROTHERS usa softest BLUE CASHMERE BLAZER 46L us 56L eu

BIG SALE NWT $125 J PRESS STONE WASH navy BLUE CHINO PANTS 44 us 60 eu

CANDIDO nyc NAVY BLUE DUPIONI SILK CUSTOM bespoke BLAZER 42 us 52 eu
Tailor to FBI head J Edgar Hoover!

BIG SALE NWT $265 J PRESS OLIVE grn VENETIAN TWILL TROUSERS 42 us 58 eu

ALL THESE AUCTIONS END TONIGHT SUNDAY 10 PM EST!

FIND THEM ALL HERE:

https://stores.ebay.com/mack11211

Jon, it looks like you're using eBay's Global Shipping program. I know it's super convenient but I think you're losing out on a lot of clients. It's been well documented on AAAC that there is a market segment of both English and non-English speaking Asian men that love trad. I know that most of my Alden or BB shoes in small sizes are sold to customers in Asian countries.

By changing your international shipping policy from eBay's Global Shipping program to one based on calculated weight and the mailing service, you'll reduce the cost to your buyers and open up your goods to a bunch of new customers. Some of these fellows can't effectively communicate with you that they shouldn't have to pay a ~$75 import charge (up front or likely at all) and those are the customers you're losing out on.
Being from Canada, I wholeheartedly agree with you D&LD. This global shipping option is both very expensive, a cash grab (eg because of North American Free Trade, I shouldn't have to pay duties on US made goods) and a pain in the neck. Pain in the neck in the sense that the package is not handled by the post office anymore and is dropped off in front of the house by a courrier company. I personally prefer my packages to be handled by the post office rather than dropped off unguarded on my front porch.

Stay clear of the Global Shipping program. They take forever to process items. You are still on the hook for negative feedback. If you are shipping something that is 4 lbs. or less, you have the option of shipping First Class International. I, personally, do this with 95% of my international sales. However, if something sells for over $100, I utilize Priority International. Many "developed" countries still do not have delivery confirmation. That is something to take into account. If you ship First Class International, you only need to sign and date a single label and affix it to your box/envelope. If you ship Priority International, you will have 4 labels (one for your records, and 3 to place in the adhesive window pocket. VERY IMPORTANT: If you use Priority, it is ALWAYS a good idea to have the address of the recipient somewhere else on the box as a precaution against any errors with the label envelope.

mack11211

Advanced Member
Classic BB Sack suits, NWT J Press outerwear & trousers, ENDING TONIGHT 10 PM EST

ENDING 10 PM EST TONIGHT!

VINTAGE BROOKS BROTHER SACK SUITS

NWT J PRESS OUTERWEAR & TROUSERS

DUPIONI SILK CUSTOM BLAZER

ALAN FLUSSER CUSTOM SILK VEST

BIG SALE NEW NEW nwt $390 J PRESS japan COTTON RAMIE COAT XL with ACTION BACK

1950s BROOKS BROTHERS classic trad GLEN PLAID FLANNEL 3pc SUIT 42 L 52 L

NEW ALAN FLUSSER CUSTOM england SANTA CLAUS SILK VEST sz S

BIG SALE NEW nwt $1395 J PRESS RAIN COAT 38L us or M w/ WOOL LINER SCOTLAND

BIG SALE NWT $225 J PRESS TAN FLANNEL DRESS TROUSERS 42 us 58 eu

BIG SALE NWT $265 J PRESS OLIVE super 120s GABARDINE TROUSERS 42 us 58 eu

BIG SALE NWT $265 J PRESS OLIVE grn melagne FLANNEL DRESS TROUSERS 44 us 60 eu

1950s CLASSIC TRAD orange brown PLAID SACK SUIT 42 L us 52 L eu

BIG SALE NWT $290 J PRESS GREEN FLANNEL DRESS TROUSERS 44 us 60 eu DBL PLEAT

1950s CLASSIC TRAD green brown PLAID SACK SUIT 42 L us 52 L eu

BIG SALE NWT $375 J PRESS CHARCOAL GRAY CINCH BACK WORSTED PANTS 42 us 58 eu
Made for J Press by MARTIN GREENFIELD!

CANDIDO nyc NAVY BLUE DUPIONI SILK CUSTOM bespoke BLAZER 42 us 52 eu
Tailor to FBI head J Edgar Hoover!

BIG SALE NWT $290 J PRESS HOUNDSTOOTH CHECK TROUSERS 44 us 60 eu

ASCOT CHANG custom bespoke CLASSIC BLUE BLAZER 42 52

BIG SALE NWT $125 J PRESS STONE WASH navy BLUE CHINO PANTS 44 us 60 eu

ALL AUCTIONS END SUNDAY NIGHT 10 PM EST

OVER 100 OTHER ITEMS ONLINE -- ALL OFFERS ENTERTAINED

FIND THEM ALL HERE:

https://stores.ebay.com/mack11211

mhj

[h=1]Alden New England Shell Cordovan Loafers Tassle Size 11.5 AA/B[/h]https://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-New-England-Shell-Cordovan-Loafers-Tassle-Size-11-5-/111802837091?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

1 day, 8 hours to go, still at $9.99

Dmontez

Advanced Member
Any members selling a Barbour in the 44-46 range on eBay? I have an eBay coupon that is burning a hole in my pocket.

Edit: I was sending messages of offers to a few that were out of my price range, and someone accepted https://www.ebay.com/itm/262113632738 I got this one for $100.00 but I had an ebay coupon for $100.00, so it was free. I have never owned a Barbour, but for South Texas winters I think this should be perfect, did I do okay with this jacket, or is there something that I missed?

Last edited:

gamma68

Honors Member
Edit: I was sending messages of offers to a few that were out of my price range, and someone accepted https://www.ebay.com/itm/262113632738 I got this one for $100.00 but I had an ebay coupon for $100.00, so it was free. I have never owned a Barbour, but for South Texas winters I think this should be perfect, did I do okay with this jacket, or is there something that I missed?
I think you did very well with this purchase. You bought a Barbour made in England (I believe many are made outside England today), and it appears to be in excellent condition. Bravo!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.