English Sports Shop Bermuda Video

CMDC

Honors Member
Very cool. Thanks for posting. I come across their things every once in a while in the thrifts--including Trimingham's. I've got a few shetlands from some other stores down there that I'll try to post tonight.

Flairball

Nice video. Thanks. I visited that shop a couple of years ago, and picked up a Bermuda rugby jersey. I've always liked he Bermuda look, and next time I'm down there I plan on getting a couple pairs of shorts. And maybe even some knee socks.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
It's a great look. I fail to understand the dogged opposition to shorts found on this forum, especially for those of us who live in climes that are either hot year 'round or hot a good portion of the time. Okay, Shaver and crew from the UK I can understand. Until the climate changes a tad more, it simply isn't hot in Olde Blightye. But the US, except for the Pacific NW, doesn't have that kind of weather. A gentleman should be traditional, of course, but that isn't the same as inflexible.

Hitch

Went with a girl from Bermuda, a navy knit tie was a required part of the school uniform, for girls, circa 1969.

balletgentleman

I just watched the video, and I simply love the look. When the weather gets warm, I do a variation of the traditional Bermuda attire. Instead of the shirt, blazer, and tie, I go with a Penguin polo, but the rest stays, especially the knee socks. I think it's professional, well put together, and casual all at once. It's too bad that the look hasn't caught on here in the U.S., because I think it's a look that most men can look great in.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.