cellochris

To my eye, they look to be shell cordovan...perhaps old dried out shell cordovan, but shell nonetheless! And now we wait, as time will tell. LOL. ;)
I agree with Eagle. A close up picture of the rolls on the vamp would assist in making a better determination. So would a few minutes of brushing with a horse hair brush before you take the next photo.
Agreed. Probably shell but a close up of the vamp would be helpful.

almosthandsome

Starting Member
I agree with Eagle. A close up picture of the rolls on the vamp would assist in making a better determination. So would a few minutes of brushing with a horse hair brush before you take the next photo.
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Here's a closer shot of the vamp along with before and after from original cleanup. How well they responded to lots of brushing pushed me towards the affirmative but, again, I dither.

Attachments

Dandan

Starting Member
Hi folks,

This is probably not the right place to post this, but I didn't want to start a new thread just for this. If I should have posted elsewhere, I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know.

Somebody in Austria is selling a pair of Allen Edmonds MacNeils in shell cordovan, size 9.5, for 70 euros starting bid. They need some care, but they look to be in acceptable condition, and nobody has bid on them so far.

I don't think the person selling them knows very much about them: they misspell "MacNeil," don't list them as shell cordovan, and indicate that US 9.5 is EU 43.5 when it's actually 42.5.

They claim to only ship to the EU. If anybody outside the EU wants them and the seller won't ship them there, feel free to pm me. You can have them sent to me in Germany and I can forward them on for a reimbursement of the shipping costs. DHL standard shipping to the US, for example, is 15.89 euros if it's under 2kg, and 36.99 if it's over. I assume it would be under 2 kg, but I'm not sure.

IT_cyclist

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Hi folks,

This is probably not the right place to post this, but I didn't want to start a new thread just for this. If I should have posted elsewhere, I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know.

Somebody in Austria is selling a pair of Allen Edmonds MacNeils in shell cordovan, size 9.5, for 70 euros starting bid. They need some care, but they look to be in acceptable condition, and nobody has bid on them so far.

I don't think the person selling them knows very much about them: they misspell "MacNeil," don't list them as shell cordovan, and indicate that US 9.5 is EU 43.5 when it's actually 42.5.

They claim to only ship to the EU. If anybody outside the EU wants them and the seller won't ship them there, feel free to pm me. You can have them sent to me in Germany and I can forward them on for a reimbursement of the shipping costs. DHL standard shipping to the US, for example, is 15.89 euros if it's under 2kg, and 36.99 if it's over. I assume it would be under 2 kg, but I'm not sure.

Pretty sure they are shell...
Searching on the codes shown in photo...

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.