Men's Clothing Forums banner

Everything Dessert Related

136K views 3K replies 32 participants last post by  Howard 
#1 ·
After viewing all the delicious meals in the "Red Meat" thread, Over here, you can post or comment on all the after dinner desserts you can think of. From cakes, pies, ice cream, cookies or just whatever you like.

How about a delicious hot apple pie right out the oven?

See less See more
#54 ·
When we lived in Houston we made bananas Foster a lot. It's been thirty years, and I'm finally ready for more!
The '70s was a heyday of flaming food - Bananas Foster, (Howard's) Cherries Flambe, shish kabobs and Steak Diana - each ablaze in front of any table that ordered one of those.

When you went to a nicer restaurant in the '70s, there where mini fires going on everywhere.

Plus Caesar Salad, if ordered, was usually prepared at the table where the waiter rolled out a waist-high cart with all the ingredients separate - he would then proceed to toss them together (more often than not) with quite a flourish.

There was a lot of theater to eating out back then.

#57 ·
One of our local historic watering holes has one employee who does nothing but make Spanish coffee table side. Flaming alcoholic coffee--and it tastes good, too.

I once had a recipe published in Sunset that involved flaming seasoned pork shoulder with tequila. Be careful doing that . Tequila is far more explosive than brandy.

#58 ·
^^
Your post while gastronomically appealing reminds me of some sage advice I became acquainted with quite awhile back..."one should never, ever pour an alcoholic beverage into any culinary concoction over an open flame!" Doing so could lead to an expanded meaning for the term, "fire in the hole." :(

#60 ·
Good Lord, no! One removes the concoction from the flame, adds the alcohol (far from any overhead vent!) and then ignites it with a separate match. To do otherwise is risky, really risky. And for anyone silly enough to pour from an open bottle, they get what they deserve.:hidden:

#97 ·
After viewing all the delicious meals in the "Red Meat" thread, Over here, you can post or comment on all the after dinner desserts you can think of. From cakes, pies, ice cream, cookies or just whatever you like.

How about a delicious hot apple pie right out the oven?
My favorite! I don't have much liking for fancier desserts, especially since an apple pie generally tops all others!