Big T

I'm planning on taking the family into the woods to go camping all Thanksgiving week, so I'll be cooking Thanksgiving dinner on coals and over campfires (a cast iron dutch oven to roast a Turkey is the plan, and it had better be good since I'll have to schlep a turkey and a dutch oven through the woods!)

Thinking about desserts, a cobbler is the obvious thing which comes to mind (pot and fire), but for *me*, "cobbler" is simply a fancy term for "bed for scoop of ice cream" (which will not be available.)

Any of our intrepid explorer types have a good idea for desserts in the bush? Beyond the obvious (s'mores) of course?

DH
Get thee the book by Kent Robbins! Search him out on YouTube! A top notch "Dutch oven" cook!

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Indeed I do love donuts, but haven't enjoyed one in a long,long time! A while back Mrs Eagle, paraphrasing one of the lines spoken by the fictional USAF General Jack Ripper in the classic movie Dr. Strangelove said to me, "Yes, they look innocent enough, but eating those sugary donuts and adding to your increasing waist measurement will rob you of your manly essence...or at least will rob you of any chances for demonstrating said essence!" LOL. ;)

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Indeed I do love donuts, but haven't enjoyed one in a long,long time! A while back Mrs Eagle, paraphrasing one of the lines spoken by the fictional USAF General Jack Ripper in the classic movie Dr. Strangelove said to me, "Yes, they look innocent enough, but eating those sugary donuts and adding to your increasing waist measurement will rob you of your manly essence...or at least will rob you of any chances for demonstrating said essence!" LOL. ;)
Well now, hard to do anything else but put the donut down after that rebuke. Good on Mrs. Eagle - I like her.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.