Everything Dessert Related

Vecchio Vespa

(aka TKI67)
Strawberry shortcake is always a welcomed summer treat, which here in the torpid heat of the summer season in central Florida, is best eaten indoors under the comforting cloak of a good air conditioner! LOL. ;)
You brought to mind a quirky memory of my father. His birthday was on May 28th, and we usually celebrated with strawberry shortcake. He retired in Annapolis (1938 graduate from the boat school on the Severn), and it can be muggy there. He turned the air conditioning on on Memorial Day and off on Labor Day. I remember him sitting at the table, probably wearing a pink polo, chewing every seed in each berry while perspiration beaded on his upper lip.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
tumblr_6dce787642ed97f4d8d7964837b4064e_1163c13a_640.jpg

Howard

Connoisseur
A raspberry filled glazed doughnut is pretty darned special for my taste buds! Another favorite would be a maple glazed, with crumbled walnuts and bacon on top.//they call it "some love for the pig!" LOL. ;)
I definitely like those messy donuts like the creme filled and the jelly ones.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange