eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Upr_crust has the art of coordinating the damnable face mask with his daily reg down cold. Check out his post #2849 in the Wat Are You Wearing Today thread of the Timeless Style community. If he keeps this up, the masks could become just another fashionable accessory! ;)

Hebrew Barrister

Um, no, that's not really the point at all. Carry on...not worth you getting upset over this.
I'm not upset. I just find your statements odd. Indeed, you seem to be the one upset.

I suppose your point is essentially "wear a mask, we're in the middle of a pandemic, who cares what the damn mask looks like". Well, ok, but this is a men's style website -- is it surprising some might want to coordinate the mask?

I'll close this out with, for the record, I do not coordinate my masks. I care about their fit and quality, not how they look. But I'm not about to give hell to anyone who wants to coordinate them because, hey, it means they ARE wearing a mask, and that's what's important.

2020. What a hell of a year.

icky thump

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Well, since I am wearing a disposable surgical mask, shorts and a t shirt when I leave my working at home, the answer is "none of the above."

Acct2000

Connoisseur - Moderator
If you want to coordinate you can, but I just have packets of light blue mass produced masks. Thus, light blue is what I have, no matter what else I'm wearing.

I'm also in the "too fussy" group.

August West

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Coordingating face mask color is about as far as I'd take it.

I recently purchased a set of J Press Oxford Cloth masks. I would not recommend them. They lack an adjustable nose piece and are a very odd shape. They also have very long adjustable ear straps, and the exess portion of the stap hangs down and looks terrible. I suppose you could trim them, but I'm not going to bother due to the other aforementioned issues.

TKI67

I believe that comfort is a cardinal virtue of Trad dressing as evidenced by sacks over darted jackets with high armholes, baggy OCBDs over fitted shirts, and full cut trousers that are hemmed short enough that they don't pool around the ankles. The cheap, pale blue, pleated medical masks are the least uncomfortable masks I have found.

Eligius

I have had to wear a mask most of the time every day for 6 months. By far the most comfortable has been one that Hertling included when I bought a pair of trousers recently. I looked at their website. It is the light grey chambray (also available in navy) with the aluminum nose piece. It is the right size and minimally fogs the glasses. Probably would be easy to color coordinate too if one was interested.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.