DCR

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Two things, one, Flanderian posted this link for Fair Isle awhile back - some great looking options, but as he notes, neither he nor I have any experience with the company, so can't vouch for them:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/michaelro...6cd80fd4168ca4444001fa20163&utm_content=85386

My favorite from the site:
View attachment 25809

Two, I love Fair Isle sweater vests and socks, but - and have no idea why - tend to find a full sweater to be just a bit too much.
Just ordered this one. Definitely going to be my most expensive knitwear purchase to date. Hope it's worth it.

BillC

The range of Michael Ross fair isles is awesome. I bought a waistcoat last year with green accents and am very pleased with it. The delivery time, however, is quite long. In my case, maybe 4 months, but the wait was worth it.

DCR

The range of Michael Ross fair isles is awesome. I bought a waistcoat last year with green accents and am very pleased with it. The delivery time, however, is quite long. In my case, maybe 4 months, but the wait was worth it.
Happy to hear that you feel it's worth the wait. I just received word that it will ship by Feb 7th. These really are made to order apparently.

DCR

So it arrived this morning after being a week or so delayed due to a specific yarn shortage. Initial thoughts are that the handwork is very impressive, appropriate thickness to layer under a sport coat if desired. Definitely a quality piece of knitwear.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
So it arrived this morning after being a week or so delayed due to a specific yarn shortage. Initial thoughts are that the handwork is very impressive, appropriate thickness to layer under a sport coat if desired. Definitely a quality piece of knitwear.
Sounds wonderful!
Enjoy it! :beer:

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Congrats and enjoy. Any chance of a pic or two?

DCR

Unfortunately, I get an error message when I try to attach a pic saying the file size is too large. Is there an easy way to compress? I thought at one point we were able to attach thumbnail size pics?

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Unfortunately, I get an error message when I try to attach a pic saying the file size is too large. Is there an easy way to compress? I thought at one point we were able to attach thumbnail size pics?
On a Mac, all I do is bring up the pic, hit "Tools" > "Adjust Size" > adjust the size down by numbers > "save" and I'm good to go. I assume there is something similar on a PC, but I'm not familiar with PCs anymore.

Regardless, I appreciate your effort.

DCR

No Man Walks alone has some outstanding fair isle jumpers and cardigans this season at remarkably fair prices. They even have the much sought pattern the Duke of Windsor made famous. I've noted at least two colorways, that I'm struggling not to acquire.

Attachments

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.