Redafan

Starting Member
There's a trend amongst younger men today that drives me insane. They wear running shoes with their suits in the morning and afternoon, before/after work but dress shoes during the day. I can't for the life of me wonder why any man would do such a thing!

Further, I noticed a similar trend, in where the suit is worn with gleaming white tennis shoes.

My God help us all.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
There's a trend amongst younger men today that drives me insane. They wear running shoes with their suits in the morning and afternoon, before/after work but dress shoes during the day. I can't for the life of me wonder why any man would do such a thing!

Further, I noticed a similar trend, in where the suit is worn with gleaming white tennis shoes.

My God help us all.
In the '80s when I started working, a lot of women used to do that - wear sneakers to and from work with their business clothes and switch into dress shoes at work. To be fair, commuting in heals is probably not fun, but even so, that trend died out in the '90s.

Why men would do it I don't know as a pair of properly fitting men's business shoes are comfortable. That said, I have noticed that sneakers with suits (usually without a tie) has been "a thing" for years now.

Redafan

Starting Member
In the '80s when I started working, a lot of women used to do that - wear sneakers to and from work with their business clothes and switch into dress shoes at work. To be fair, commuting in heals is probably not fun, but even so, that trend died out in the '90s.

Why men would do it I don't know as a pair of properly fitting men's business shoes are comfortable. That said, I have noticed that sneakers with suits (usually without a tie) has been "a thing" for years now.
Funny I was going to mention that trend for the ladies in the 80's. And quite frankly, sorry, women can do what they want as far as I'm concerned, LOL! They want to wear sneakers with their skirts by all means, leave them be.

And I agree, dress shoes are just as comfortable, and I always felt that there's an age men get to, usually early 20's, where you must graduate into dressier footwear. Oddly enough it was at this time, well over 20 years ago I got my best advice on shoes from a woman.

I was at lunch waiting on a client when I overheard the conversation behind me, two women were talking about shoes. One says to the other "men will never understand why we need more than one pair of black shoes, they'll always look new if you you interchange and they'll last longer".

Ahhhh......women........is there anything they can't do, LOL?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange