official Fashion Forum Renaming: Looking for suggestions

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
It's time for us to rename the Ask Andy Fashion Forum, and we're looking for suggestions.

Criteria:
- Dropping the word "forum"
- We don't want to use the term "fashion" any more because this forum is about so much more
- Removing the word "Andy's" prefix to shorten the overall name
- It should be somewhat short (2-3 words)
- Easy to spell -- people should be able to spell it when hearing it :)

Some names we've discussed so far:

1. All About Style
2. Style+
3. Timeless Style
4. Classic Style
5. Style & Decorum

Thoughts?

We're also renaming the Trad Forum:
https://askandyaboutclothes.com/community/threads/trad-forum-renaming.243054/

Last edited:

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
To parallel with my suggestion for the "Trad" forum of "American Traditional" ( #3 ),

a suggestion for our fashion forum name would be:

Timeless Style

The reason I think "timeless" is because we don't seem to like fashion here (a clothing expression meant to be of the moment), but style that evolves as part of a "timeless" continuum.

Last edited:

Dhaller

Elite Member
Trad (a big thing here with its own subforum) is a subset of Classic Style... so I'd just go with Classic Style.

That kind of captures your basic English/American/Occasionally Italian theme which prevails here.

For what it's worth, I'd say my style is "classic", but not "trad" (which is essentially a fashion statement).

DH

fishertw

Elite Member
Trad (a big thing here with its own subforum) is a subset of Classic Style... so I'd just go with Classic Style.

That kind of captures your basic English/American/Occasionally Italian theme which prevails here.

For what it's worth, I'd say my style is "classic", but not "trad" (which is essentially a fashion statement).

DH
I agree with Dhaller. I've always felt a little uncomfortable with "Trad". Classic or Traditional has a whole different connotation to me than "Trad" I also have an aversion to "Nam" for folks who refer to Vietnam. Just another old guy from that era.

• Staff

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the suggestions @Fading Fast @Dhaller @fishertw @Mute !

@SoCal2warm - The new version of our community platform software will have some cool new capability where we can create "Search" topic boards, so for example, we could easily have an area dedicated to all discussions related to fabric/materials.

ADutchmaninNY

Always be careful with the repeated use of the letter S.

To be honest, what benefit do you think renaming the forums will bring? Sadly, they seem to become a thing of the past, no matter which topics they cover.

Dhaller

Elite Member
The problem with "sartorial" is... what is the likelihood of this scenario?

"I'm thinking of having a suit made. Hmmm... let's Google s-a-r-t-o-r-i-a-l..."

versus

"I'm thinking of having a suit made. Let's see... Google... c-l-a-s-s-i-c..."

(I'm not an SEO expert AT ALL, so take it with a grain or two, but I think "less is more" when it comes to naming conventions.)

DH

iam.mike

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
@Dhaller @ADutchmaninNY - the forum rename doesn't have to do with SEO at all, or us looking for any particular benefit. We're just trying to update some terminology and site structure to be more current.

never behind

To parallel with my suggestion for the "Trad" forum of "American Traditional" ( #3 ),

a suggestion for our fashion forum name would be:

Timeless Style

The reason I think "timeless" is because we don't seem to like fashion here (a clothing expression meant to be of the moment), but style that evolves as part of a "timeless" continuum.
I like this.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.

Deals/Steals

Trad Store Exchange