Earl of Ormonde

Connoisseur
1970s Sterling 9mm SMG

And here's a photo of a civvy doing the one thing military instructors tell you never to do with an SMG and especially not with the Sterling

WouldaShoulda

Suspended
Actually UK police only used S & W revolvers back in my day.

This S & W .44 I'm using here in the late 80s had a safety catch.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...31&oe=557595B5

Forgot to say that of course MOST revolvers do not have safety catches, but the ones I've encountered that do have them, have mostly been military and police issue, which would cover CIA as well.

I've seen 2 types of safety catch on revolvers, one which converts the chamber release on the left side into a safety catch and one which is up behind the chamber below the hammer, which is a simple psuh/slide bar to lock the hammer.

An officer at my old shooting club had a Ruger with this type of safety catch (that said he also had a Desert Eagle, a very ornate Colt .45, and various other automatics and revolvers, including a WWII Russian automatic)

I know some of the old British Webleys and BSA revolvers had safety catches as did some of the early German revolvers. The first police revovler I handled in London in the early 80s was the S & W Model 10 (5-chamber) .38 Special and that DID NOT have a safety catch.
On my Ruger that button only releases the cylinder for reloading.

So it is agreed, most revolvers do not have a safety catch.

How about silencers?? :)

justonemore

Elite Member
2009 - That's the butt of a Swedish Army Pistol 88 (9 mm Glock 17) you can see in my breast pocket...and yes...I am a leftie.

Is this really a 'ground pounder" uniform?

Is your hat at an acceptable angle? It sure wouldn't fly in the U.S. as it looks quite slopppy from our old sops (it reminds me of Ted Nugent for some reason).

And a bright blue undershirt? Is this the military or boy scouts? Of course a U.N mission is probably more as to the latter over the former :rolleyes2:...

The long sideburns and hair remind me of someone not worried about needing to donne a pro-mask anytime soon.... and .....Do I detect facial stubble on your lip?

Is that a field mission uniform? As you were carrying an open arm, I have to Wonder what was the occasion,, My training is of course different from yours but I can't imagine most of this being allowed Undanycircumstances in the U.S. front line ground pounder Infantry.

Last edited:

Earl of Ormonde

Connoisseur
Well, for starters this was a UN-EU exericse, not real :) And in 2009 uniform had not my daily attire for 13 years. :)

We were role-playing corrupt militia in a foreign land in civil war with its neighbour, hence the pistol in the pocket.

That was a borrowed uniform. I was wearing civvies underneath, as I had other roles top lay on the exercise as well :) Photos later. :)

BUT in real life the Swedish Army "green" DPM is used by all of the army for all purposes, unlike in the UK and US that has various combat and fatigue uniforms depending on unit and purpose.

That said, the Swedish army only has one

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.