katon

Anyone have any experience with them? Mid-range umbrellas for harried Brits and Anglophiles, or something else? Granted a Royal Warrant in 2008... Is it true that they're still made in England?

Any model suggestions? The "Huntsman" sounds nice and sturdy...

thefancyman

I actually own the Fulton Huntsman umbrella and I can vouch that is quite a sturdy umbrella with a solid, reinforced steel frame, full size canopy and nice polished wooden handle. I purchased mine from Debenhams for £16 to replace an umbrella that blew inside out on a very windy day causing the metal spokes to bend outward. The Huntsman is supposed to have a strengthened, metal frame that is very wind resistant and it has served me well so far. As far as I know Fulton umbrellas are still made in England in a factory in London on the Isle of Dogs near Canary Wharf. Mine is made in England but I bought it a year ago.

michael_legeek

I own a Fulton Huntsman, and it is a solid and sturdy model with a fairly large canopy. It is not slim, nor lightweight, and the wooden handle is large and a bit chunky rather than refined and graceful. It is, in other words, a solid and functional English umbrella, and I can recommend it for that purpose, but it is not a posh English umbrella that one would purchase to complement a fine wardrobe.

Kingstonian

I actually own the Fulton Huntsman umbrella and I can vouch that is quite a sturdy umbrella with a solid, reinforced steel frame, full size canopy and nice polished wooden handle. I purchased mine from Debenhams for £16 .
You and me both then. It is a sturdy umbrella but, despite a wooden handle, it is not a Ye Olde London item.

G

Guest-389284

Anyone have any experience with them? Mid-range umbrellas for harried Brits and Anglophiles, or something else? Granted a Royal Warrant in 2008... Is it true that they're still made in England?

Any model suggestions? The "Huntsman" sounds nice and sturdy...
Fulton umbrellas are made in China (I phoned the company when about to place an order.)

Their homepage says they are the UK's largest supplier of umbrellas.

At first glance this suggests they make them in the UK, particularly as the Royal Warrant features prominently, but not so I'm afraid.

Cancelled my order and then discovered James Ince Umbrellas - also in East London but products hand-made on the premises since 1805.

TKI67

Elite Member
Love to see ancient threads resurface. Anyone wanting a solid wood shafted bumbershoot but not willing to swallow Brigg or Fox pricing, check out Kent Wang. They are a tad smaller than a Brigg or a Fox but still large enough. They are $165.

drpeter

I have literally done that! But in New Hampshire, they will notice the Boston Globe and be wary of you, since anyone associated with Boston is considered a city slicker in those parts.

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.